Terminal block connectors on a vero board

Dija Angel

Joined Oct 1, 2021
Hello I was wondering if you could connect components in the same row as a terminal block in the copper tracks on a vero board and if you can use it as a ground and power for your components?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hello I was wondering if you could connect components in the same row as a terminal block in the copper tracks on a vero board and if you can use it as a ground and power for your components?
Hi Dija,
I often use those TB's in that way, low voltage DC or AC.
E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi D.
I am not sure what you mean by a single terminal block?

Do you mean just using one of the two possible connections.?
E

Dija Angel

Joined Oct 1, 2021
hi D.
I am not sure what you mean by a single terminal block?

Do you mean just using one of the two possible connections.?
E
Hello!what I mean is that im using just one terminal block with one row for power and one row for ground like this in the picture so for the row for power do I connect components that need to be connected to power in only that row and do the same for the ground?

Attachments

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
That is a 2-position 5.08mm pitch screw terminal block.
Once you manage to mount and solder it on to the strip board, you can connect to the copper tracks however you please, assuming that you do not exceed the current carrying capabilities.

You may add jumpers from one track to another if you need to connect to other parts of the board.

Dija Angel

Joined Oct 1, 2021
That is a 2-position 5.08mm pitch screw terminal block.
Once you manage to mount and solder it on to the strip board, you can connect to the copper tracks however you please, assuming that you do not exceed the current carrying capabilities.

You may add jumpers from one track to another if you need to connect to other parts of the board.
Thank you so much

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi D,
What sort of components are you considering.?

Do you have a circuit that you want to build on strip board, if yes, post the circuit and we can give better advice.

E

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
What component would you use?
Why use another component when a jumper wire cost you almost nothing?

Maybe we do not understand what you are trying to do.
Use fritzing to show us what you are trying to do.

1633178139940.png

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
If you mean: “Can I solder one lead of a resistor directly to the same track as the terminal block?” The answer is yes, of course.

Bob

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Thank you but can I do it with a diode too?
You can do whatever you please as long as it replicates the circuit design.

Take all your components of the circuit and temporarily insert them on the strip board. Then take a photograph and we will guide you from there on.

Dija Angel

Joined Oct 1, 2021
You can do whatever you please as long as it replicates the circuit design.

Take all your components of the circuit and temporarily insert them on the strip board. Then take a photograph and we will guide you from there on.
Alright thank you guys so much for all your help I appreciate it x