***Ten Thousand***

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Sgt's avg/day is isn't the highest. That belongs to a relative newbie that holds the homework section to higher standards .... and should be a 10k AAC club member in 2015. WBahn's numbers are 3/12/2012 -- 12/27/2014 -- 1001 -- 9080 -- 9.07
I've been a member for 1001 days? Wow!

At one point about a year ago my average was over 12 posts/day (the vBulletin tracked that number so it was staring me in my face whenever I checked my profile for PMs and such). At about that same time my total posts actually exceeded both #12 and MrChips, but not for very long. Once I started teaching heavily my post rate dropped off and then I went for quite a while and not posting at all while I was dealing with health issues as well. I was guessing that I was still in the 10 posts/day range.

Congrats to you #12 on hitting the 10k post club. It is definitely rarified air. I'm guessing it will still be a couple of years before there are ten 10k members.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't think I can compete with that. I have no wife, no children, no romantic interest, and no relatives within 800 miles. I live alone. I am the last survivor of the 1970 Pinellas County Sears Crew and Handyman Conspiracy (no business associates). I am retired from most kinds of physical work. I don't do house calls or accept odd jobs, and still, I am too busy with my real life to keep up with WBahn.
Actually, I think you are pulling away from me. A year or so ago I actually had a few more posts than you (a couple dozen, I think). About a month ago you were slightly less than 900 posts ahead of me and that gap has been staying at about that, but growing slowly, over that time.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
#12,

Very few will be able to compete with WBahn ... He certainly is a valued addition to the forum. I'm sure that opinion isn't shared by those who he has advised ... on tracking units. :)
Thanks. I know that most people don't like me harping on units -- and I don't care a wit. I do get enough people that "see the light" to make it worthwhile. I've actually had a couple former students track me down after several years and thank me for beating that into them. I did something similar in making a point of thanking the professor that beat it into me and who, by then, was the president of the School of Mines.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Congrats. you really did it that over 10K before the new year 2015 ... :)
I'm still far from it, it's a long long journey to me.
You're doing almost 1000 per year, and I would like to say that it is obvious your language is being translated, but I can almost always know what you meant to say.

Just quit your job, divorce your wife, and become completely boring, and you will have time to increase your rate of posting. That's how I did it. :D

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You're doing almost 1000 per year, and I would like to say that it is obvious your language is being translated, but I can almost always know what you meant to say.

Just quit your job, divorce your wife, and become completely boring, and you will have time to increase your rate of posting. That's how I did it. :D
Well, I've always been boring, I'm unemployed (for the most part), but I have no plans to divorce my wife. So two out of three ain't bad. I did ditch the kid for a couple years -- that helps, but all-in-all I'd rather have the little putz here.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012

Yeah, I almost posted 1000 per year but it was less a little.

If you can't read my post easily that I only can say is sorry, when you saw what I wrote as what I met the foreigner from other countries in Taiwan, when they said something not clearly, but I can easy to figure out what they tried to said, Taiwanese is my Mother language and the Chinese(mandarin) is the second, even when I speaking Chinese also had a little Taiwanese accent and the English is the third, learning english could let me study some more infos, and it also keeping my head have a brain storming.

One day I met a man who from USA and he worked for google in Taipei, he said that he want to study Taiwanese, and I told him how to say hello in Taiwanese, the Chinese is 你好嗎(the tone similar as NI HAO MA), but in Taiwanese we will say "JIA BAR VE", it means the "have you eaten?", because the old age we are very poor in Taiwan, when anyone could eat one full meat, that is the great thing ever, so asking someone "JIA BAR VE(have you eaten?), in the countryside is very popular and localize.

My wife really asked me to devoce just a couple of months ago, but I disgree that, because I told her that I was lazy to get marry and also lazy to devoce, when we met any problems, I will told her that we just solve it and cross the obstacle then it will be no problem, but I can't guaranty that I won't devoce, it may happen someday although I don't want to.

I don't have much money, and I had a doughter have to brought her up, so I can't guit the job, but I really like that and that could let me to do what I want to do, I didn't feel bored, because I always make my brain busy, and quite busy, if nothiong to do, then I can thinking a lots of circuits or to watching the video from youtube, or just go outside take a walk and to do the exercise.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Once upon a time, you and I were neck & neck. I got busy and you went full-time online instructor. It's a good thing it happened like that, and not the other way around, or else the intelligence & experience pool on AAC would be a lot shallower. Thanks for your contribution #12; I'm proud to call you my forum-friend (IIRC we developed that term together to overcome the awkwardness of your first friend request - my friend request).

Joined Nov 30, 2010
@ScottWang :D This symbol means I am joking.

@strantor I see our start dates are about 3 days apart. I am happy that you got a job you needed, and I didn't get a job because I didn't need a job. :) Your life lately has been an adventure like I used to have. No regrets!