***Ten Thousand***

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This is the post after I reached 9,999 posts. I don't know if it will, "register" on the post counter, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that it feels good to me. I have enjoyed almost all the time I have been on AAC. I have learned so much and seriously reduced the amount of dust on my memory cells. I have a sense that several other major contributors and competent electronics oriented people feel good about me.

I give thanks for the existence of this website. I give thanks to the dozens of people that have become assets in my life. I give thanks to the few that don't like me and just refrain from being pests.

Today, I celebrate.

(signed)
Number Twelve

Attachments

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I had just started posting to AAC and then out of the blue I got a PM from #12 welcoming me to the forum. I guess I said something he liked. Anyway, that PM of #12 changed AAC from a questionable venture, to a link that was high on my favorites list.

Congrats, #12. Your 10,000+ posts are some of the best on the forum.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
No good deed goes unpunished?

But seriously...glad I made a difference. You never know when a random act of kindness will cause a good result.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Sgt's avg/day is isn't the highest. That belongs to a relative newbie that holds the homework section to higher standards .... and should be a 10k AAC club member in 2015. WBahn's numbers are 3/12/2012 -- 12/27/2014 -- 1001 -- 9080 -- 9.07

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Sgt's avg/day is isn't the highest. That belongs to a relative newbie that holds the homework section to higher standards .... and should be a 10k AAC club member in 2015. WBahn's numbers are 3/12/2012 -- 12/27/2014 -- 1001 -- 9080 -- 9.07
I don't think I can compete with that. I have no wife, no children, no romantic interest, and no relatives within 800 miles. I live alone. I am the last survivor of the 1970 Pinellas County Sears Crew and Handyman Conspiracy (no business associates). I am retired from most kinds of physical work. I don't do house calls or accept odd jobs, and still, I am too busy with my real life to keep up with WBahn.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
In 1970, the Sears crew repaired and/or installed TV's and stereos, laundry equipment, TV antennas, lawn mowers, refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners. Almost all of us accepted jobs after work, installing and repairing everything else.

The difference is about government regulation. Jobs that needed a State License were one thing. Everything else was everything else. Eventually, the government caught up with us and I counted 17 different licenses I would need to do the things I did. Still, I (we) continued to repair light fixtures, mend wooden fences, fix cars, trim trees, and a myriad of other things that most people call minor chores. If I got caught for 1% of the illegal, unlicensed jobs I have done, I would be in jail for the rest of my life. :D

Edit: Yesterday was interesting on AAC. Today, I feel differently. I'm going to go outside to play today.

Last edited:

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
#12,

Very few will be able to compete with WBahn ... He certainly is a valued addition to the forum. I'm sure that opinion isn't shared by those who he has advised ... on tracking units. :)