Temperature sensor with LCD

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you look at the 18F sample files that are supplied with the Picdem-Demo boards, ver 1 and 2 you will find routines for all the components on the board, analogue, LCD, math, etc available on the Pic site.
They take the module inputs from different devices on board and display on the LCD.
One is a thermal sensor.
The earlier version is in Assy, the ver2 is in C and Assy.
Max.

Last edited:

Elvi Dalla Marta

Joined Jun 2, 2015
Another question, for have an output range of 0-5V, someone can explain me how to createa a conditionation circuit ? Using 12 V and lm324

korchoi

Joined Jun 5, 2015
basically you are making a 3-step thermometer.
step 1: convert temperature to voltage.
step 2:Convert the voltage level representing temperature into a digital value.This is done through the use of the built in ADC.
step 3:Output an image that differs depending on the value of that digital variable.
How to do step 2? read the microcontroller's datasheet on its built in ADC and how to use it.
How to do step 3? Well, it's up to you. There are so many ways to do it because this is the software side.
But i will show you a string you can pull: display images according to the value obtained eg. if 0v = -20ºC, display minus 20 on lcd.
summary of tasks:
-set up ADC module.
-convert voltage to digital value.
-drive lcd display.
-associate lcd's state to digital value's state.In other words, the Digital representation of the temperature will indirectly control the LCD.

Elvi Dalla Marta

Joined Jun 2, 2015
Thanks for the support, now i print the temperature in the lcd, but i have a little problem: What should i do to print the degrees simbol "°" on lcd??