Tell me a Mantra to practice Patience.

Shafty

Joined Apr 25, 2023
I feel like that no one is using my talents and it's getting wasted day by day... What you do if feel like this...

Which should be done Here?
Self Advertisement
Or
Self Control!

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
What is you current situation?

Do you have a job and feel you are not appreciated?

or

Are you looking for a job and no one has made an offer?

or

Are you sitting in your room hoping some opportunity will just present itself?

or …

Shafty

Joined Apr 25, 2023
Opportunities are everywhere. But how to knock it down is the problem with me. For example, I have developed a small access db for my friend who is trading veggies. There are so many scopes for improvisation in it. But the problem is, He says 'I don't want it now'. I cannot force him right? Neither i have much friends like him nor in an open culture to approach. Like 'Hey yaa, I know these many things which can improve your business in these many ways'. You know what he ask: 'Who are you? And why are you saying this me. Get the f*** out!'. If at all they agree. The price would be 25$. You got my problem now? I am ready to knock the doors but they aren't ready but most of them enjoy when a person daily visits his office and give them a company to chat for a while. They keep on telling "Come tomorrow". Same story repeats tomorrow. Wanting to live the way you want by doing what you like to do is not easy. Especially in India.

note: coarse language removrd By moderator.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
I know these many things which can improve your business in these many ways'.
Hi Shafty,
I would say the same thing to you, but perhaps more politely, and ask you what experience do you have in running my type of business.

E

Shafty

Joined Apr 25, 2023
Hi Shafty,
I would say the same thing to you, but perhaps more politely, and ask you what experience do you have in running my type of business.

E
Yes. Politeness. That's very rare here. As most of the businessmen here aren't seeing the creative side of it. Planning to start an OPC (One Person Company) soon. If you aren't seeing a change. Be the change :)

Shafty

Joined Apr 25, 2023
'Social Deprivation' is one of my problems. I want to be in touch with others at the same time I don't want to lower the status of the works I do. I am a good friend but my work is my God.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
What you described are not opportunities. You can’t just go to someone and tell them they need your services. Find someone who is seeking such services.

Shafty

Joined Apr 25, 2023
Hi S,
What noteworthy work have you done that has been accepted by a client?
E
A billing software which I named 'Billie Jean'.
A small inventory tool for a pharmacy.
Entire IT (Income Tax) automation.
An intercom!
A KPI tool named STAR
and some other small small utility tools.
All the above works are highly appreciated by clients but they aren't asking for enhancements :(

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
All the above works are highly appreciated by clients but they aren't asking for enhancements
Hi,
Have these satisfied clients given your company any referrals business, to other potential clients?

How are you advertising your 'products'?
E

Shafty

Joined Apr 25, 2023
All started from a single customer. No ads yet as no one in my domain hasn't started advertising yet. No software company advertisement yet in my city.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Freelancing is not easy. When people look for a contractor, they look for someone who has a history of doing the type of thing they want.

Have you looked into websites for freelancers? That might be a way to build a portfolio even is not very lucrative.

My specialty was compilers. When looking for a job, I used a site called “compilerjobs.com”. It had many more appropriate jobs than general employment sites.

You need to do some work to find possible clients.

But for someone just starting out, I would never recommend freelancing. Traditional jobs are easier to find and will get you the experience needed to do contract work later.

Over 40 years ago, a successful businessman called Harvey McKay wrote a book called "How to swim with the sharks without being eaten alive."
One of the best self-help books I have read in my looooong life.
The important take from this book, is that life is tough and full of people willing to harm you. But you should develop the street smarts not only to survive, but to thrive.

Did you know that Nikola Tesla, upon arriving at the US, became employed by Edison? But he ran into trouble with Edison and quit the company. He struggled for a while, even working as a manual laborer until he met George Westinghouse, and the rest, as they say, is history.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi S,
One point that is vital in creating a product is to get a clear and concise agreed written specification from your proposed client, before starting any project.

If you are creating your own original products, first carry a good market survey on the proposed product.

E

tindel

Joined Sep 16, 2012
Sounds like you've created products in search of a market... the trick is to find a market and then create a product.

Talk to as many companies as you can about what is holding them back.