Technics SU-VX800 amplifier parts availability

Rodders

Joined Oct 1, 2021
Hello all, this is my first post.

I have a working su-vx800 technics amplifier.

It's working through its preamp however the Extended direct drive isn't.

Specifically ..the direct drive button on the front doesn't disengage the tuner or cd or tape source so that the music continues despite nothing connected to the balanced or unbalanced (XLR) inputs.

The unbalanced and balanced lights do work but nothing happens..the music continues through the preamp inputs.

My question is..

Are all parts..ICs, Q, R, C, L, available for this unit or have some become no longer available.

Stated another way.. do I need to be concerned that I'll end up with some parts unavailable.

It's a beautiful sounding amp so I'm hoping to lift it to full functionality.

Short of a search for every part..How do I find out?

There are a couple of other issues with the amp but these are likely solved with contact cleaner.

Rodders

Joined Oct 1, 2021
Did you fix this, mine has the same problem!
I haven't opened it up yet but I'm told to check the IC above.. and to also check for dry joints on a bank of 6 resistors on the front panel.

Further to this the 3 relays with clear covers operate the adaptor for graphic bypass and the unbalanced / balanced direct drive inputs and.. the engagement of EDD itself.

No I haven't as yet checked these..

Also the switch itself can be sprayed with contact cleaner. Well worth getting it working.. mine would come on after about 5 minutes but now doesn't do that..it doesn't come on at all.so I'll have to open it up and check the above.