Tales from the grill...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by cmartinez, Jul 6, 2015.

1. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    We did sliced kiwi fruit once. Don't! It turns into thin slices of tasteless pure sour.

2. Reloadron

Distinguished Member

Jan 15, 2015
    That was a nice little video. Lorenzo has my vote but... That really doesn't mean very much since burgers, hot dogs and foods like pizza can have different taste for different folks. How many times does a friend or relative tell us something is really, really (insert more really) good and when we try it it's mediocre at best? Maybe even sucks as to our taste. That's it and what it's all about, our taste.

Condiments are another issue. New York city born and raised I think there is a law on the books that Ketchup can be used on a burger but using ketchup on a hot dog is illegal. Likewise you can use mustard, including spicy brown mustard, on a hot dog but its use on a burger is absolutely prohibited. Really, it's a law. :)

Thanks again for sharing the video.
    Ron

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    killivolt likes this.
  3. killivolt

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I prefer to use Elk Burger, it's a little on the lean side but very tasty. I will also do Buffalo, I never thought about using a Potato roll for the bun. I learned a few things in the video, the scientific look was the best for me. I always toast the bun, then I have an Air Fryer to do thick cut fry's, I make my own dipping, either Mayo or Miracle Whip together with Barbecue sauce or Ketchup. The pickles have to be Bubbies almost like home made.

kv

Reloadron and cmartinez like this.
  4. Reloadron

Distinguished Member

Jan 15, 2015
    When I was a kid my grandfather would often bring home venison. When the deer was cut up and butchered the remaining meat was ground up for hamburger. Like most wild game venison is very lean so grandma would add pork fat as she would hand grind the meat. We called them venison burgers and to this day I remember how good they were.

Ron

cmartinez likes this.
  5. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    Very, very good!
    I had to make a couple substitutions, but it came out good.
    Thanks for the warning on the peppers. Killers.

upload_2019-5-19_19-23-2.png

Becky liked it. And she is not big on new. She raved about the lime on top. :)
    Thanks, my friend.

killivolt, cmartinez and wayneh like this.