Taiwan's Silicon Shield Double Layer Protection from China

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
TSMC is now part owner (38.8%) of SSMC (Systems on Silicon Manufacturing Company in Singapore). I don't know about the production capabilities of the existing lines, but at least it is in Singapore.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
TSMC is now part owner (38.8%) of SSMC (Systems on Silicon Manufacturing Company in Singapore. I don't know about the production capabilities of the existing lines, but at least it is in Singapore.
Yeah, one thing I did glean from local broadcasting is the investment for future growth ‘R&D’ Manufacturing, if my numbers are off the investment was substantial in the Billions. Not sure how China will respond but, it’s a toss how they may react, seems like to me no brainer for them to at least put pressure in some way, but without a Military Option, it won’t be in their favor I think, but what do I know.

Military Option isn’t off the table either and thats the big Threat.

kv

Edit: On a side note vivint home security, has some Control Panels that needs chips and NAS that are Unobtainium, the Panels are a .v3 with the new CPU’s. Which is why they are so highly sought after by Manufactures, for their own designs.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I wish just throwing money at the problem would fix it overnight. The US industry is spending billions but it takes years to add capacity even if the semi manufacturing tools were available today and world-wide supply chain conditions had normal delivery times. Both are not normal and the tools sets to make additional chips are vapor even if you have an operational building for them.