T implementation of a Shift left and shift right register in Logisim

ianllmyspite

Joined Jul 7, 2020
Hi! I'm not really much familiar with Logisim simulations. We were asked to do a T implementation of a Shift left and shift right register. I know how to do the 4 bit shift left and shift right register (there are samples already online) but not the "T implementation" part. Do you have any idea on what is it means and how to do that? I'm really having a hard time understanding this on my own. Any sample/help would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Would it make sense if the assignment was to "...do a JK implementation..."?
I had not thought that the flip-flop type was relevant. It seems to me that using T flip-flops for a shift register might be challenging. I think it refers to a multiplexing scheme where the next data input is selected based on the shift direction. It is like a "T" in that there are two inputs and one output.

I might want to use 4-input multiplexers to add parallel load and clear.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I know how to do the 4 bit shift left and shift right register (there are samples already online) but not the "T implementation" part.
I take it to mean that you're to use T flip flops to implement the shift register. What flip flop did the circuits you found on line use? Have you been taught how to do flip flop conversions?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Welcome to AAC!
I take it to mean that you're to use T flip flops to implement the shift register. What flip flop did the circuits you found on line use? Have you been taught how to do flip flop conversions?
I'm not sure, but I agree that the ambiguity needs to be resolved in order to complete the assignment.

ianllmyspite

Joined Jul 7, 2020
Welcome to AAC!
They're using D Flip Flops. I don't know if should I just replace it with T Flip Flops or if I have to add some more to it.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Last edited: