Switching mode PSU 5VSB help!

Demetris74

Joined Jul 22, 2016
Hi all

I have a rare fujitsu FM Towns Computer and the PSU needed refurbish done that with new capacitors, after that it seems that the 5 volt standby doesn't work, can you please indicate what area and components i should focus and check?
I have the +12 working, is zero information online or any schematics to help me
I checked most of the components and measure ok, I might suspect one of the Logic IC's
Hope you can help me out.

Mod note:
The photos site that you link needs a account, I can't see the photo, if our members no their account also can't see it, and the photos site has been deleted, so please attach your photos to our forum, and before you upload them, compress them to the clear image and the resolution as 800x600 or 1024x768.

Last edited by a moderator:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Did a bad capacitor get installed somewhere on that circuit that is shorting it out?
Or is one installed backwards?
Or id there a solder bridge that is shorting that circuit ciruit?

What is that circuit continuity testing at? Dead short or not?

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Did a bad capacitor get installed somewhere on that circuit that is shorting it out?
Or is one installed backwards?
?
A while back I re-capped an ATX PSU - The screen print was wrong under one of the electrolytics, and that vented rather enthusiastically when I powered up.

Once that was sorted out, it had intermittent STBY 5V - I shoved it on a shelf and repaired an easier one..........................