Switched accessory to switched power hub

daz E

Joined Nov 7, 2017
I have a 12V automotive power hub that is powered direct to the battery and swtiched on using a tap into a 12v switch circuit (trigger line). So this is to say that the relay in the hub is enrgised by the 12v low current trigger line circuit and switches high current 12v from the battery, to 12v output lines. The ground is negative to earthed chassis. So one just connects the outputs of the hub to an accessory, and the accessory ground is wired to a suitable good earthing point on the chassis (or something connected to it)

I want to connect an accessory I have purcashed to the hub. However, the accessory also has a low current trigger line and a high current 12v always on high current power feed line. I guess it was not intended to be wired to a switched hub! I can connect the accessory 12v power feed line to one of the outputs of the hub but where would I connect the trigger line to? The accessory will only operate if it receives a trigger on the trigger line - which is a cable of about 22AWG as opposed to the 12AWG power line. So I dont want to short the two out as the trigger line plus cause compenent damage if I short the accessory trigger line to the accessory power feed and then the power feed to the power outlet from the hub which is providing upto 10A at 12v!!

What is the solution please?