Suzuki Hayabusa Switch Mode Power Supply IC

Spudley Hayabusa Tech

Joined Feb 5, 2024
Good afternoon gentlemen, I'm working on a 2022 Suzuki Hayabusa gauge cluster. I'm looking for a definitive vendor for the switch mode power supply integrated chip located on the cluster. This chip is in unison to the turn signal circuit for the motorcycle. I have a clear picture, but cannot find a vendor in the United States that supplies this chip. Does anyone recognize the markings, possibly be able to refer me to the Japanese fabrication house that makes this chip ?.

The circuit was shorted, obviously, and in need of replacement.

Thank you for your time and read. A.

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

Those would be house markings. They are not going to be useful without the in house documentation and the part could be custom making it unavailable in any case.

The usual approach to this sort of repair is to find a donor board that has a good copy of the chip but that was discarded for some other reason then steal that one.

Spudley Hayabusa Tech

Joined Feb 5, 2024
Thank you Ya'akov !.

It was my hope that someone recognized the small wishbone insignia underneath the numbers. I have tirelessly searched all the American vendors with these numbers and have come up dry. It has also been offered to me that I might pursue a Japanese vendor, but I have no identification on the wishbone or number search.

I will begin my salvage vendor search to find a wrecked vehicle to harvest the gauge cluster, and the specific chip from. Of course, I'm going to continue to check this listing as you gentlemen have a more intimate knowledge of electronic components and potential vendors.

I thank you, Sir for your time and your help.

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
Good luck finding someone to sell you just a single chip. It's most likely either a Suzuki design, or one they paid another company to develop. Chances are the only people they will sell it to is the manufacturer of the gauges.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Thank you Ya'akov !.

It was my hope that someone recognized the small wishbone insignia underneath the numbers. I have tirelessly searched all the American vendors with these numbers and have come up dry. It has also been offered to me that I might pursue a Japanese vendor, but I have no identification on the wishbone or number search.

I will begin my salvage vendor search to find a wrecked vehicle to harvest the gauge cluster, and the specific chip from. Of course, I'm going to continue to check this listing as you gentlemen have a more intimate knowledge of electronic components and potential vendors.

I thank you, Sir for your time and your help.
You’re very welcome.

Knowing the manufacturer is unlikely to prove any advantage. You still have to know what the chip is—and that it has no customizations since you couldn’t even buy it if they customized it for Hyabusa.

Spudley Hayabusa Tech

Joined Feb 5, 2024
Thank you Geek, and Ya'akov,

We've had many different issues with the fragility of this particular gauge cluster version. Any time someone installed an alarm or shorted the turn signal circuits, these chips would short, and overheat. We had turn signal optic IC that were actually found during pandemic in China, but were made by Texas Instruments. Those were easy, and we simply bought 20-30 of them to pass amongst the community. At 8$ a chip after shipping, it was a worthwhile effort.

This cluster is very led fussy, and voltages above, or around 12v wreak havoc. That's why my electronic expert is in a holding pattern with a few of these clusters in need of that switch mode power supply chip. We were going to source it, and order extras so he could perform the repair as brand new clusters are $1499.

Unfortunately, if these were custom built for Suzuki Motorcycle Corp, we may have no avenue to repair these clusters. I do have an inquiry in with Suzuki, but am not holding my breath on whether they return any information to us.

I also am blanketing the country with inquiries as to whether anyone have salvage bikes with intact gauge clusters. We would like to repair the clusters we have as they have the vehicle original miles data stored on them.

I was hoping someone recognized the wishbone insignia, but that may be as elusive as the number stamps, as it isn't a common manufacturer stamp.

Thank you very much for the input. I'll keep on the hunt !.

A.