Supply voltage range to sensor 7V-30V, output?

Skatermom98

Joined Apr 9, 2024
Hi, I'm new to this with sensors and circuits!

I have a pressure transducer that has the output 0-5V according to the datasheet. The supply voltage range is 7V-30V. What voltage should i supply the pressure transducer with? Can I supply it with whatever voltage is in that range and the output would be the same?

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
Yes.
You should say what sensor you are using. So it is a little bit of a guess. The numbers you give are what I have seen before.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
sorry I'm new. Barely have any experience
So, your default assumption should be that manufacturers know what the capabilities of their products are. You should of course be interested in verifying their claims BEFORE placing a volume order. That is just smart engineering. You can also ask the company directly as a means of developing relationships with people at other companies.

Skatermom98

Joined Apr 9, 2024
So, your default assumption should be that manufacturers know what the capabilities of their products are. You should of course be interested in verifying their claims BEFORE placing a volume order. That is just smart engineering. You can also ask the company directly as a means of developing relationships with people at other companies.
I contacted them and they answered with the data sheet. But thank you for good suggestions!