Superposition

cheyenne

Joined Dec 6, 2007
Hi, in the attached circuit how would you find the voltage across the open circuit BD using superposition. Can someone explain the steps to me as I'm not sure how to do an example like this.

Attachments

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Yes. Superposition is valid for determining the currents and voltages of the circuit you have posted.

hgmjr

cheyenne

Joined Dec 6, 2007
So, you would short circuit each source, one at a time. How would you find the voltage through the open circuit. Would you short that aswell when you analyse the problem. Can someone explain this to me. Thanks.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
So, you would short circuit each source, one at a time. How would you find the voltage through the open circuit. Would you short that aswell when you analyse the problem. Can someone explain this to me. Thanks.
Superposition would give you the voltage that you would measure at the junction of the two resistors.

If you connect a resistor between the junction of the two resistors and ground, you would then need to repeat the superposition calculation with taking this additional resistor into account.

hgmjr