Superposition Theorem, 3 voltage sources

TomTime

Joined Nov 5, 2018
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but looking for some assistance with the attached circuit. For a piece of school work I need to use superposition theorem to calculate the voltages and currents around the circuit. I have used the examples on here to help, and have done the first stage of sorting out the circuit in to 3 and determining the values for each in those circuits.However I am struggling with the combing of these circuits now.

Any help would be appreciated, as I can't find an online example that's similar to assist.

Thanks
MOD: expanded your image, easier to read.E

Picture1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but looking for some assistance with the attached circuit. For a piece of school work I need to use superposition theorem to calculate the voltages and currents around the circuit. I have used the examples on here to help, and have done the first stage of sorting out the circuit in to 3 and determining the values for each in those circuits.However I am struggling with the combing of these circuits now.

Any help would be appreciated, as I can't find an online example that's similar to assist.

Thanks
MOD: expanded your image, easier to read.E

View attachment 163140
It's impossible to tell you whether what you have done up to this point is correct unless you show us what you have done up to this point.

How can we possibly help you understand how to combine circuits when you don't show the circuits you are trying to combine?

Show... your... work!

jayanthd

Joined Jul 4, 2015
You should have three circuits and in each you will have only one source and other sources replaced by short circuit (in your case) or by its internal resistance in practical. Find out all the currents for each circuit and then merge them.