Suitable motor, battery and vesc? Advice sought please!

DC-Motor

Joined Feb 9, 2021
Hi all,
I am embarking on a project to build a single seater golf buggy - much smaller than the conventional (two seater) ones .... probably one that is about two thirds the size of a quad bike.
Rather than using a dual motor configuration I am considering a single high traction motor but with a dual shaft to drive both the rear wheels.
I'm seeking input about a suitably sized motor ie voltage, wattage etc and its corresponding battery capacity which would enable the buggy to be driven in a stop and start manner over undulating terrain and covering an approx distance of 6 miles over a period of maybe 5 hours max.
Max carrying weight would be 100kg.
Any thoughts would be greatly welcomed.
Many thanks.

DC-Motor

Joined Feb 9, 2021
Thanks for your reply @ Yaakov!
That's more than likely - unsure of the battery size/capacity, motor etc and the associated combined weight but am estimating 100kg although maybe factor in a max weight of 120kg instead?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Thanks for your reply @ Yaakov!
That's more than likely - unsure of the battery size/capacity, motor etc and the associated combined weight but am estimating 100kg although maybe factor in a max weight of 120kg instead?
I just wanted to be sure you hadn't overlooked the overhead of the device itself. Here is an article which is about sizing a motor for a robot but it explains the requirements and should help get you started:

https://maker.pro/custom/tutorial/motor-sizing-math