Suggestions Wanted

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
could anyone suggest me a project for my intergrated circuits(undergraduate) course
Design an digital filter using an FPGA. Mock your design in Matlab to deduce your coefficients then use a Spartion-3 FPGA to implement the design in hardware.

Or have I misunderstood what sorts of things you have been doing in your IC course?

Dave

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Of course! By 2039, cell-phone jammers will be commonly available wherever whoopie-cushions and joy-buzzers are sold!:D

Lubi, do you need to design an IC or do you need to design with ICs?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I believe it's a push-pin from Staples, the office superstore.
For information on the origin of the flux capacitor go to the video store and rent "Back to the Future" with Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd. Then tell us if there is a prank going on.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If you ask me really nicely, I might dig out the 1.21 Jigawatt Van de Graaf generator I built back in 1987. It used the rubber bands I used to use to hold on my shin guards.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
1.21 Jiggywootz from a VanDeGraff generator?!:eek: You must've had really really big shins!

Lubi, is your assignment to design an IC with mosfets, or to design something using mosfet ICs?

lubi

Joined Mar 6, 2007
design something using mosfet ICs:
how about designing a simple audio amplifier with few mosfets cascaded in it.
would it be adequate....

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Okay! Analog circuit application incorporating MOSFET Integreated Circuits! (Why didn't you say so in the first place?;))

In analog applications, MOSFETS have only a couple of advangtages over BJTs. I suggest selecting a project which highlights these advantages. A quick literature search will help you understand the advantages, and probably inspire ideas for the circuit you will design.