Suggestions Wanted

lubi

Joined Mar 6, 2007
Okay! Analog circuit application incorporating MOSFET Integreated Circuits! (Why didn't you say so in the first place?;))

In analog applications, MOSFETS have only a couple of advangtages over BJTs. I suggest selecting a project which highlights these advantages. A quick literature search will help you understand the advantages, and probably inspire ideas for the circuit you will design.
you seem to me a very cooperative gentleman:)

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
In analog applications, MOSFETS have only a couple of advangtages over BJTs.
But one of those advantages is the massive increase in component-density of MOSFETs, which is the critical aspect in the ubiquitous use of MOSFETs in IC design and manufacture (inc. microprocessors, microcontrollers, embedded systems). There is also the advantage of ease of manufacture and the low power compared to BJTs.

Do I sound like a FET-freak! :D

Btw lubi, the audio amplifier idea sounds like a good starting point. A lot depends on how you intend to implement your design and how this relates to your course requirements. I would suggest you draft a high-level proposal and pitch it to your tutor - his feedback will be in the best interests of your course.

Dave