Suggestions on the Best Free EDA tool for Beginners

MaxBlack

Joined Oct 29, 2015
  Hello everyone, just a quick opinion survey, what EDA do you think is best and why? Something that is hopefully often updated and is stable. I have looked into EasyEDA and Designspark, but are there any other EDAs there that you think is awesome?

Opinions are highly appreciated, Thanks

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Sorry about second hand news cuz I don't need that kind of tool but everyone I know who does raves about Cadence Orcad:)

MaxBlack

Joined Oct 29, 2015
I would suggest Kicad
Thanks for your suggestion. Although I have not used it,I know KiCad is open source and free, also many people like it. my friend highly recommended me to use EasyEDA , I have a try, It's really easy to drive. Besides, EasyEDA has powerful functions,It offers schematic capture, spice simulation and PCB design - including Gerber download - for free.
The best thing for me is there are lots of examples on the site ,for example,https://easyeda.com/martin/MSP430_Mood_Light-t3lDxP6oiand and has a useful tutorial.https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/

MaxBlack

Joined Oct 29, 2015
Sorry about second hand news cuz I don't need that kind of tool but everyone I know who does raves about Cadence Orcad:)
Cadence Orcad is indeed a very powerful and professional software, but It is not free and not so easy for a beginner.thank you;)

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Cadence Orcad is indeed a very powerful and professional software, but It is not free and not so easy for a beginner.thank you;)
I say cheap and easy is as cheap and easy does;)! Time and money invested now is better than need to unlearn and relearn tomorrow:)!

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
what EDA do you think is best and why?
EDA covers a lot more than just schematic/PCB layout and circuit simulation. When I think of EDA, I think of IC layout, parasitic extraction, layout vs schematic comparison, cell place and route, ...
I have looked into EasyEDA and Designspark, but are there any other EDA...
But from the context, you appear to mean a very small subset. In which case, I use Eagle