Suggestions for US-based, Low Quantity PCB Fabrication Geared Toward Hobbyists?

MrZener

Joined Apr 4, 2014
Hi everyone.

I wanted to see if anyone could recommend a good, US-based prototype PCB company. Ideally, I'm looking for someplace that offers a free, intuitive online PCB design tool, and someplace that caters more toward hobbyists who might need only two or three boards vs. something produced in large quantities. I designed a circuit on a breadboard that I'd like to transfer to a PCB, however I'm not quite sure what's out there in terms of actually transferring my design to a PCB.

In terms of specifics, my needs would be pretty basic and simple. I've laid out the circuit on a 3" x 6" breadboard, so all I would need is a board with 0.042" holes and 0.1" (2.54mm) spacing, although I guess in most cases the holes are milled into the PCB as opposed to starting with a breadboard-style PCB with pre-milled holes. I'm dealing with through-hole mounted components that would be soldered to the underside of the board, so there would be no SMT. In terms of layout, I would only need traces on one side of the board, and I don't need any silkscreening on the PCB.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!