substitute for MC2100E rev C speed controller?

Ross Phillips

Joined Jan 12, 2017
I do not need the walker display, which works. I cannot afford a new OEM controller. I have a suitable 15A triac 50-240VAC PM regulator to put in series with the motor only, but think 50V min is too high. Is there an easy way to use switched capacitors to further reduce the voltage to the motor which would provide me with good speed steps and fine control. I do not know what a good working minimum voltage with my 130kg on it is. I'm disabled, and only need it to go slowly atm [<3kph]. I was thinking of using electrolytic caps in a bridge rectifier in series with the regulator. I know this isn't hard to do, but my head isn't clear enough to lay it out. The motor is approx 10A @130V and I THINK it's DC because the wires are Red and Black, and marked as polarised on the MC2100e. It's too good to throw out and I need it to work. Ideas, pls?

Last edited:

Ross Phillips

Joined Jan 12, 2017
switched electrolytic caps in a bridge rectifier in series with the motor and the regulator, sort of like a ceiling fan speed control switch.

Ross Phillips

Joined Jan 12, 2017
Is the MC2100 working right now? If so what is the issue, why need a substitute?
Is the motor from the same T.M.?
Max.
MC2100e rev C is dead. It and motor is in Pro-Form Quick Start 9.0 walker [2hp??] All one unit. Still in VGC. The opto couplers failed, then I plugged in in wrong and blew it up. Motor and display ok, controller u/s. Need to make it work cheaply for my health-physical and financial. thx.