Stupid question asked by someone who has little knowledge of electronics.

martyn404

Joined Oct 14, 2017
Hello.
Firstly I would like to thank you all for accepting me on this forum, however I don't envisage being a prolific contributor to these pages as my knowledge of anything circuitry is somewhat 'little' to say the least. I'm not sure if I may be ridiculed or not, if so, then it's deserved!

We have a Beko 7kg condenser sensor dryer DRC S 76 S and it has provided faultless service up until last week when there was a loud pop from the rear of the machine. Upon inspection after removing the top cover, I found that the EMI filter F3CF75005L had popped. After a little research I found Beko no longer provide this unit as a replacement part primarily due to it's unreliability. Beko now supply the unit DNF06-Z (KGZF) as replacement part. I searched the web as you do and prices were around the £15 mark with postage etc.

In my ignorance I ordered a used DNF06-Z (DBZF) of ebay for a fiver not noticing the variant, ie the DB and not the KG. The purchased unit is identical other than the recommended and original units have an impedance of 1Mohm whereas the unit I purchased off ebay has an impedance of 2.2Mohms. If I fit the unit I purchased to the dryer will this have any detrimental effect to it's operation and safety etc. Should I cut my losses and purchase the correct unit?
I apologise for the poor images and my utter ignorance, I do believe a forum such as this is the correct place to ask the question though.
Many Thanks in anticipation of your help.

original F3CF75005L.jpg
above is the original EMI unit.

recommended DNF06-Z KGZF.PNG

above is the Beko recommended replacement unit.

purchased DNF06-Z DBZF.PNG
above is the unit I purchased.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
This is the datasheet for the DNF06 series: http://www.aerodev.com/Upload/EMIFilter/HomeApplianceFilter/DNF06Series-09484919898.pdf
From this you can decode the model number and discover that the one you have bought is the same as the recommended one except that the capacitors have lower values so the suppression of interference will be lower but it will fit and do no damage. Try it and see if it interferes with anything. If it doesn't, you're done.

martyn404

Joined Oct 14, 2017
This is the datasheet for the DNF06 series: http://www.aerodev.com/Upload/EMIFilter/HomeApplianceFilter/DNF06Series-09484919898.pdf
From this you can decode the model number and discover that the one you have bought is the same as the recommended one except that the capacitors have lower values so the suppression of interference will be lower but it will fit and do no damage. Try it and see if it interferes with anything. If it doesn't, you're done.
Thanks Albert.
That's exactly the reassurance I was searching for!