strobe

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
O.K.It is done, 1 x PIC12F675, a 4MHz crystal, 4 x capacitors, 5 resistors, 1 x zener, 1 x pre-set and 2 small MOSFET's......I will post the schematic and code over the weekend.....The whole thing fits onto a PCB 40 x 30mm....Daniel.

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
If you can P.M me your address, I will send the prototype with all the details, as it will be no use to me now it is done.I can send by the end of next week.Daniel.

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
Hi, I will send it next week, the beauty of the PIC is, that if the it is not quite rite, It can just be re-programed.... I have designed this one with 2 pre-sets, one for the frlash rate, and the other for the delay between the set's of LED's.... How are you connecting the LED's to the pcb, or do you want them on it.Or did you want one controler to flash multiple set's of LED's.... Depending on the MOSFET that I use to drive them, one controler could drive up to about 20 set's of LED's, down a thin three core cable.Or if the LED's are on the PCB, they could be housed as a stand alone unit.Only, if I am doing a PCB lay-out, I may as well do it as you need it....Last question... What is your power supply range that these must run from? ...Daniel.

79bronco

Joined Oct 28, 2007
Hi, I will send it next week, the beauty of the PIC is, that if the it is not quite rite, It can just be re-programed.... I have designed this one with 2 pre-sets, one for the frlash rate, and the other for the delay between the set's of LED's.... How are you connecting the LED's to the pcb, or do you want them on it.Or did you want one controler to flash multiple set's of LED's.... Depending on the MOSFET that I use to drive them, one controler could drive up to about 20 set's of LED's, down a thin three core cable.Or if the LED's are on the PCB, they could be housed as a stand alone unit.Only, if I am doing a PCB lay-out, I may as well do it as you need it....Last question... What is your power supply range that these must run from? ...Daniel.
The LEDs will not be on the PCB. They will be about 10ft away. They will be in my friends truck so voltage ranging from about 12v when not running and about 13.5v - 14.5v when running

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
That's just what I needed to know. Like lightingman, I plan to give some measure of adjustment.

hgmjr
79bronco,

Here is the results of my efforts.

I did not include costing for prototype board material or an enclosure. I will let you select these items since you know better what your mounting space requirements are.

If you have any questions and I will be surprised if you do not, you can pose them here.

I tried to scrub all of the files for errors but there is always a chance that a boo-boo snuck through.

hgmjr

Attachments

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
hi 79bronco,I have built the unit using a PIC12F675, a few resistors, caps and 2 small MOSFETS.It is on a single PCB about 30 x 40mm, it is all finished, packed and ready to bo shiped to you on Monday morning.... It has 2 presets, 1 for the speed of the flashes, and the other for the gap delay between the 2 set's of LED's....I will include all the schematics and connection diagrams....Yes, when I get a bit of time tomorrow, I will post the schematics and photo's here....Daniel.