Strantor's plan to save america

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
The machines are bolted to the floor in small business's in China.
They will not come back until China go's bust,to get back on the
subject. Our regulations and big money,congress will not help
anytime soon. Why not default on all that debt like counties
have done to us for years.Let the tea party take that up for a
cause and send people to act for America.The global thing Is in
trouble why pump more money to save it.All the billionaire want
to give there money away to other countries.Let congress take
It back for America.They avoided taxes anyway,we need the the
tea party Idea's and we need to make suggestions.Back on subject.
A back bone for America,not cuddleing other countries. I like the U.K.
and the cold countries to the north.America Is dopping the fees on
debts for bad investments on homes,the U.S. can ask the same for debt
relief overseas,our debt is In in the brokerage houses in N.Y.,we need to
find a way to reduce it right here at home,you know the greedy
brokers are not going to send there money overseas.The answer
may be in New York,just take moment and think how greed works.
You're still talking about the national debt. Let me make this clearer: The plan has nothing to do with the national debt. As far as I am concerned, I don't care about the national debt. The national debt is all the hot checks that our government wrote. I'm talking about we the people, and more specifically, our jobs. Screw the machines bolted down to the floor in china. They're probably shitty machines anyways. We'll make new ones, American ones. here in America.

Let the government worry about paying off their debt. Once we get that middle class back (the backbone of America) then the government can continue taxing the hell out of us to pay their debt back. or they could get some money from their CEO buddies. but they will probably get it from us, but that's fine, because finally we'll be able to spare some.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
We are the government,the debt,the middle class,the backbone without

cash to create jobs. We have no contact to joint venture capital,no bank

collateral.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
We are the government,the debt,the middle class,the backbone without cash to create jobs. We have no contact to joint venture capital,no bank

collateral.
"cash to create jobs" - That's the same way they look at it in washington as well, and it's not working out for them. You can't fix all problems by throwing money at them; especially when you have to manufacture the money out of thin air before you can throw it. Look at the numbers for all the government programs that are supposed to "create jobs" ... a small sample here:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/post-investigation-did-stimulus-money-create-jobs-in-1644774.html
6.9 million dollars spent to create 15 TEMPORARY (<1 year) jobs for CONSTRUCTION WORKERS.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/40415

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Since perpetual motion isn't allowed here, maybe we should lock any threads that have to do with our economy

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You know how to use all the tools and you get travel pay,I knew I was putting my time on the right guy. You will help us solve this problem.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Truth, the government needs to do the kind of projects they have done that worked in the past. Truman build the interstate system, Roosevelt brought the roads into the 20th century. We have bridges in this country that if not dangerous, allow 13% of our GNP go over them that are totally inadequate and need replaced.

But (and this is a big but) we need to require the work force be 100% American citizens, no foreign companies need apply, even if they are cheaper. We also need to require using local resources (such as steel). The idea is not to save buck, but keep the money inside the country. This is not a free trade issue, but an infrastructure and local jobs.

If something like this would be tried, I suspect some rich cat who couldn't make the money they wanted would take it to court.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Its on the news about increased fee's on toll roads,turnpike's.
The alligator alley in Fla,turnpike fee's...this money in the past
has gone to road repairs..also bridges..what about your state
or location..can you name a fee increase.Total in the U.S. would
be in the billions...So we must have some job ready money. More
and more it is reported that money is going to keep pensions paid.
It seems that all the money is going to non-producing and ready to
retire persons.This is only in the news because of the money shortage.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Yeah, except most of the people paid into the pensions, and it was used for something other than what it was meant for. I expect the retirement ages to go up, it goes with a increased lifespan, but it is another case of companies getting it all their own way. They steal the money, then blame the workers whom they screwed in the first place.

The banking crisis that caused the mess we are in were caused by regulations that were not enforced or eliminated. The regulations were put in place because of the lessons learned in the last great depression. The taxpayers had to pay the bill, and the corporations have no reason to change. Now I hear more of the same, "Reduce Regulations". We, the people, are being screwed, and it is ongoing.

Regulations are there to keep entities without a conscience honest. Pensions belong to people too old to maintain themselves, but the money is often illegally misdirected. Time you need to start looking at real root causes instead of the surface solutions presented by spin doctors.

Since I can't afford a spin doctor I just have to tell it like I see it.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
If there is a money shortage it is because the banks have created it, the shortage, that is. With the current set up, it is the bank that creates money, every time you go to it to ask for a loan. This does not have to be the case. The government should be the one creating money, not the banks. The banks create the loans and they suck it all back in, with interests. All the fat cats are getting richer while the rest of the population are starving rats. The Feds is not owned or run by the US Government. It is owned by the banks. The Government should follow the lead of North Dakota and create its own bank. Now California is planning on doing the same thing.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
If there is a money shortage it is because the banks have created it, the shortage, that is. With the current set up, it is the bank that creates money, every time you go to it to ask for a loan. This does not have to be the case. The government should be the one creating money, not the banks. The banks create the loans and they suck it all back in, with interests. All the fat cats are getting richer while the rest of the population are starving rats. The Feds is not owned or run by the US Government. It is owned by the banks. The Government should follow the lead of North Dakota and create its own bank. Now California is planning on doing the same thing.
Since the 1910 Jekyll Island meeting.....

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I tend to agree, except politicians are more crooked than bankers. What a world what a world...

If the regulators had been doing their jobs with the banks we wouldn't be in this mess. And it was the politicians that suppressed the regulators.

Fact is, there should have been hundreds of people going to jail, but the only name that comes to mind is Bernie.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Bill,

Just to let you know, Eisenhower is commonly credited with creating the interstate system for the rapid movement of troops and supplies. This doesn't diminish my respect for Harry (no middle name) Truman. The S is just an S.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Truth, the government needs to do the kind of projects they have done that worked in the past. Truman build the interstate system, Roosevelt brought the roads into the 20th century. We have bridges in this country that if not dangerous, allow 13% of our GNP go over them that are totally inadequate and need replaced.

But (and this is a big but) we need to require the work force be 100% American citizens, no foreign companies need apply, even if they are cheaper. We also need to require using local resources (such as steel). The idea is not to save buck, but keep the money inside the country. This is not a free trade issue, but an infrastructure and local jobs.

If something like this would be tried, I suspect some rich cat who couldn't make the money they wanted would take it to court.
Keep in mind the differences between roosevelt & truman's days and today. Back then America was the industrial giant of the world; we exported more than we imported. We had the infrastructure (resources, industry) but we just weren't using them; we were stagnating. Roosevelt's "new deal" program stirred the waters and breathed life back into the economy. Today presents a different problem. We're not stagnating; no, our problem now is that we've shipped the infrastructure out of the country; there's little water to be stirred. I have think that a similar "new deal" program, if implemented today, might slow the rate economic collapse for a few years, but it would not fix anything. You're treating the symptoms, not addressing the problem (problem being that our jobs are overseas). Rebuilding roads & bridges is not going to change that. And what happens once these roads & bridges are done being refurbished? A bunch of construction workers are going to be laid off and we're going back to skyrocketing unemployment; no more "stimulated" demand for American made steel or American work. And where is the government going to get the money for all these improvements? From the middle class' tax money of course, so we're again looking at the government perpetual motion pump! And BTW doesn't all this sound an aweful lot like what the POTUS tried to do with the stimulus bill? did you look at the link I posted to Florida's succes with that? I can post more about it, much more, from all the states if you'd like; We've already proven in the last few years that it's not working.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
MrChips you bring up another very important fact and I mostly agree with you (the FED is corrupt & has too much power, banks suck, etc.) , however I don't think that anybody should be "creating money" - that's why we have inflation. I don't have a good plan to accomplish this, but I think that the amount of money in the economy should be maintained (by the FED or the govt or the banks; whoever you entrust to do it) at a level directly proportional to the amount of people in the economy. By just materializing currency out of thin air like we do, we don't give ourselves more buying power, we just cripple ourselves.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Try googling "making steel in the USA", the results might surprise you. We still have the infrastructure. It is diminished, but there is enough to make a return.

One of the core problems is the money for projects is rerouted outside the USA, which means jobs elsewhere, but not here. The politicians who are supposed to be watchdogs are paid to look the other way IMO.

The only way we are going to have jobs in the USA is for the money to be spent here.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Try googling "making steel in the USA", the results might surprise you. We still have the infrastructure. It is diminished, but there is enough to make a return.
Yes, it's not completely hopeless yet. We still have enough infrastructure to recover. In order to make a return (a permanent return, and not just for the life span of a temporary government project) the american People, and American businesses, need to start buying American steel, not just the government. The american people and businesses are just not going to do that if they can get chinese steel for a lower price. That's the point of the tax I proposed. To make the chinese steel cost more than American steel. An in every corner of the business world, not just steel.

One of the core problems is the money for projects is rerouted outside the USA, which means jobs elsewhere, but not here. The politicians who are supposed to be watchdogs are paid to look the other way IMO.
agreed.
The only way we are going to have jobs in the USA is for the money to be spent here.
Yes, I agree, more money needs to be spent here. and by more money, I mean more money than we spend in other countries.