Strange error when programming PIC for BMP280

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
Update!
It's been a long day today. Recently I said that I don't like going back to older programs, as this causes errors and missed updates.

Anyway, today I've been integrating JT's program July 2020 on PCB4 and the latest HW SSPBUF program on PCB5 onto PCB7. I didn't know what to expect, but I thought it would be very difficult. It isnt easy, but the clever structured way I've had to adopt, has made it not as impossible as it was a year or so ago.

The program is compiling, and what is working so far is: LED, HC-12 RADIO, GPS, JOYSTICKS, ALTIMETER. The compass is not yet working, but it and the ALT are both using SPI, so if one is working, then I don't think the other will be far behind. Also the Incremental encoder isn't working. I hope I haven't 'popped' it, as it is the most difficult to fit and pay for.

To get them to work, I have to switch ON/OFF a few times till it 'catches' so that is an error.
I'm pleased that so much is kind of working though:)
C.

Last edited:

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
In #81, I said that the incremental encoder is not working, then I realised that the 2x PICs are connected 'previously' by a serial line, with PCB7 they are connected via SPI tracks. As this hasn't been set up yet, no wonder it's not 'showing', but it is working when using an Oscilloscope. Pleased about that:)
C

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,
The SPI SCK has stopped!
Things were progressing nicely, until suddenly Nothing worked at all, after lots of testing I discovered the SPI clock output doesn't work anymore, after checking with an oscilloscope. The system clock is ok, and the other SPI outputs also seem ok.
If anyone has any ideas they will be welcome, meanwhile I'll stry a simple test program.
C