strange component

kinezakos

Joined Nov 1, 2019
hello. this is a board from old air condition westpoint the problem is obvious in this photos I was looking for it in all the stores and all told me they don't have it . i search it to ebay and alixpress and found nothing. please anyone can you tell me where I find this thing.
over it writes
SQ 1201 and down of this is resistore zigzag symbol
thanks for help

Attachments

Freq

Joined Oct 25, 2019
Have you taken any measurements of the component? do you know if the component is functional? My first guess just based on the package is that it is a capacitor. If you can't find the exact component, you might be able to find a suitable alternative based on any measurements you can take.

kinezakos

Joined Nov 1, 2019
thank you my friend. I believe it works because the air condition work without problems. but no i havent any measurements of the component the symbol is weird first time i will see that the symbol it looks like this photo

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
It could be some industrial symbol for something with contacts, e.g.,
1572622660349.png

Maybe some sort of relay with a heating element?

The usual US symbol for capacitors (industrial) is:
1572622806828.png

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I think it is sitting across the power line.
It probably is a "X Capacitor". Probably has 120 or 240vac printed on it.
Might have a resistor and capacitor inside.
They do blow up some times.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
From the symbol, it looks a suppressor, a capacitor in series with a resistor. If it is across the power input it is there stop interference so removing it won't stop the thing working but might lead to it interfering with something.

kinezakos

Joined Nov 1, 2019
From the symbol, it looks a suppressor, a capacitor in series with a resistor. If it is across the power input it is there stop interference so removing it won't stop the thing working but might lead to it interfering with something.
hey friend thank you. this is not available in stores can i make it somthing for this ?