Step Down 5VDC, 2A to 3.7VDC, 1A

Rnc Ebm

Joined Aug 14, 2015
anyone can help me to CONVERT from 5VDC, 2A TO 3.7VDC, 1A using LM317 ?

my SOURCE is ORIGINAL PSP Charger 5VDC, 2A

I need only SIMPLE SCHEMATIC for this CIRCUIT, thank you

best regard
RNC_EBM
PHILIPPINES

Rnc Ebm

Joined Aug 14, 2015
if the 1 amp load were constant, a 1.3 ohm resistor would work.
thanks for the reply, can u give some SIMPLE Schematic with VALUE of the component so that I can make a circuit ?

NOTE: my source is ORIGINAL SONY PSP CHARGER (5VDC, 2A)

best regard

RNC_EBM
PHILIPPINES

Rnc Ebm

Joined Aug 14, 2015
Won't work if the charger output is 5V; dropout voltage of the regulator is around 2V at 1A.
View attachment 90161
Measure the adapter output with a 1.5A load to see what you really have.
okay, thanks, coz I will use this as a TEST BATTERY directly to iPhone4/4s/5/etc.

any solution to workout to make it 3.7VDC at .5A(500mA) ?

best regard

RNC_EBM
PHILIPPINES

Rnc Ebm

Joined Aug 14, 2015
We need to know more ABOUT your requirements and about the CIRCUIT.

Is THE load constant? If it is then there's no NEED for an LM317

WHAT is the load?
THANKS,

"THE LOAD IS AN iPHONE"

I will use as a TEMPORARY TEST BATTERY for iPhone4/4s/etc.

best regard

RNC_EBM
PHILIPPINES

Rnc Ebm

Joined Aug 14, 2015
Use a rectifier diode, or two, to drop the output to something in the range of the battery.
any CIRCUIT DIAGRAM / SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM inorder to make it and the VALUE of the component/s ?

NOTE: I have this one BELOW (see attached), I want to modify it with the use of ORIG. PSP CHARGER AS A SOURCE

The 1 BIG PCB is for BATTERY CHARGER, the SMALL PCB's are GOING to iPhone as a TEMPORARY TEST BATT.

the SUPPLY to charge the battery is 5VDC, and the other one is to supply the iPhone with the VOLTAGE of 3.7VDC, any suggestion ?

best regard

RNC_EBM
PHILIPPINES

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
any CIRCUIT DIAGRAM / SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM inorder to make it and the VALUE of the component/s ?
Measure the output of your charger with no load and a 1.5A load to see if it's really 5V.

You can use 1N4001 diodes to drop the voltage. Drop depends on current; one diode will drop the voltage around 0.8-0.9V.

Rnc Ebm

Joined Aug 14, 2015
Measure the output of your charger with no load and a 1.5A load to see if it's really 5V.

You can use 1N4001 diodes to drop the voltage. Drop depends on current; one diode will drop the voltage around 0.8-0.9V.

thanks, i'll try all your suggestions and post result tomorrow, it's 10:37PM-GMT+8 here, thanks again

best regard

RNC_EBM
PHILIPPINES