Steady State Voltage Question

al seeger

Joined Dec 9, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I've tried to figuring this out, but its been so long, just can't remember how this even works. I have some example problems and this is one of them. I feel like if I can have something to work off of, then I can figure the others out.
I need to find the Vss when the current source is = 400 rad/s. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

5.1.jpg

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
One of the challenges of posting in the homework forum is the expectation that posters provide some indication of the work done by them thus far to solve the problem. What are your sticking points as you attempt to solve the problem?

al seeger

Joined Dec 9, 2014
Sure.... to be honest, this whole mess is giving me a fit and I'm just not getting the basics of AC analysis.

al seeger

Joined Dec 9, 2014
I realize this wasn't the right question. Next time, I'll use a better example, in which I can show the work I had put in before hand. I've truly come to despise circuit analysis.
I love programming micro-controllers and even physics - but unfortunately, in order to achieve the diploma I have to become more proficient in this area. Sorry for the thread - best regards.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I realize this wasn't the right question. Next time, I'll use a better example, in which I can show the work I had put in before hand. I've truly come to despise circuit analysis.
I love programming micro-controllers and even physics - but unfortunately, in order to achieve the diploma I have to become more proficient in this area. Sorry for the thread - best regards.
Circuit analysis is nothing more than applied physics. KVL is nothing but conservation of energy while KCL is nothing but conservation of charge. Perhaps it might help if you approach circuit analysis from a physics standpoint and tried to understand the fundamentals and how the analysis methods and techniques relate to them.

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
I've truly come to despise circuit analysis.
You are probably not alone with respect to that matter, unfortunate as that is. No doubt many electronics techs never make use of circuit theory once they join the workforce. It can come back to bite on occasion. Hope you do well in your studies.

al seeger

Joined Dec 9, 2014
Circuit analysis is nothing more than applied physics. KVL is nothing but conservation of energy while KCL is nothing but conservation of charge. Perhaps it might help if you approach circuit analysis from a physics standpoint and tried to understand the fundamentals and how the analysis methods and techniques relate to them.
That's a great way to put those two fundamentals into perspective. To be fair, I've never given circuit analysis the practice it requires. Thanks for the input.

al seeger

Joined Dec 9, 2014
You are probably not alone with respect to that matter, unfortunate as that is. No doubt many electronics techs never make use of circuit theory once they join the workforce. It can come back to bite on occasion. Hope you do well in your studies.
Right - I hate the idea of entering the field without the core fundamentals of C.A., it would be embarrassing to admit such a weakness. However, I feel that my path would not require an in depth knowledge of it.

al seeger

Joined Dec 9, 2014
I recommend Art History as an alternative.
Papabravo - I believe that I'll find a way through this, like I always have - one way or another. I didn't make it where I am today by giving up - I've come across plenty of people like you along the way though.
Some aspects come easier to certain people. I enjoy working with electronics, just having a difficult time with AC analysis.