stablisers power light and relay light , glows at same time

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
I unplugged and kept it idle and after two days as i couldn't go to shop. After i just plugged on and the delay ti worked and output light glows after 2 minutes.
this time i had not plugged any device . But on switch off and on, the delay npt worked.why?
if power cut occurs, entire power goes pff and if power resumes then the stabiliser gets power and switch on. Abd then output lights should glow. After delay. Is my argument correct?
Or fridge is having a kind of static current. Or stabiliser stores static current if power is off. Please

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Take the unit to the service centre. He'll normally have a variac which can be used to check if the stabilizer is working as it should.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
You have serious electricity problems over there:
1) The voltage has very poor regulation.
2) You have power cuts.
Most of us over here do not have those problems so we have never seen your "stabilizer".
People on a forum in your country will know about your "stabilizer".

Chris65536

Joined Nov 11, 2019
It sure wouldn't help if the power went out, but I'm still curious about this device. How does it work? Is it some secret of Indian electrical engineering? Why does it have a "delay"?

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
It sure wouldn't help if the power went out, but I'm still curious about this device. How does it work? Is it some secret of Indian electrical engineering? Why does it have a "delay"?
No, it's quite simple. What actually is done is that a Wide Input variation is Limited to a smaller variation by Boosting / Dropping the Input voltages using Auto Transformers with Tapped winding. It is actually a Step Regulator.
A plot will give the idea.

The Delay part comes in as a Protection.
When Refrigerators and Air Conditioners cam into use, there was / is a danger in powering on the equipment immediately after a power disconnect. A running compressor cannot be disconnected and powered on till the pressures on the compressor inlet and outlet equalise. If this precaution is not taken, you will be attempting to start a AC motor under load and end up with a Burnt Compressor.
The Inbuilt delay in the Stabilizer unit ensured that even if the power tripped for a few seconds, the danger of powering on a "loaded" compressor did not occur.
The stabilizers also had an Under voltage / Over voltage cut out to protect the end equipment.
All this was in the 70's. By 80's, the power situation had improved and the Compressors had more reliable Thermal trips that prevented burn outs.

Attachments

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
very nice answer.
but. Please answer if static electricity is there if power cut occurs.
please also say if you just switch off running one, will delay time works or the iutput light gkiws immediately

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
very nice answer.
but. Please answer if static electricity is there if power cut occurs.
please also say if you just switch off running one, will delay time works or the iutput light gkiws immediately
The time delay should work at all times, whether or not the fridge is connected.
There is no static (?) electricity.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Then how if i plugoff and plugin causes the input and output light glows at the same time or a few milliseconds later. Is there any other cause? There is a click sound when output light glows. I think that it is passing of current from input, processed input.