stablisers power light and relay light , glows at same time

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, i had repair in my stablizer and got it repaired.
When it was checked at the technician shop, the power light first glowed and then after a few seconds or one minute or so, the relay light glows up. This is the normal way , as relay delay is normally set up in stablilizers.
i had this behaviour when i used it before the repair.
But when i check it , connecting the stablilizer to a fridge, the two lights glows , first power lilght and immediately thereafter the relay light glows.
Why
Is that need some more repairs.
is it normal
please tell me

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, i forgot to mention that while checking at the repair shop, he just switches on without wire being attached to frefrigerator. There, the power llight glowed and then after a minute or two, the relay light or red light glowed.
why this has not happened in my house, when i switch on the same stabliizer with the refregerator

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Do you have the Manual for that stabilizer?

What do those lights signify? Without this information there is no way of saying whether that unit os working ok or not.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I have never been to India where things there are very different from here in the West.
1) What does a "stabilizer" stabilize? The ac voltage? The frequency?
2) Why isn't the electricity voltage and frequency regulated by the design of the utility?

The AC electricity in my home right now measures 122.1V and has NEVER been below 121V and never above 123V. The frequency is so precise that electric clocks are very accurate.
The electricity here is made by generating stations powered from nuclear, solar panels driving inverters and windmills.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
The stabilizer is old model vguard. delay time set yo 2-4min.
but the delay is only a few seconds which prompted me to ask.
ofcourse, the power on light glows first.
20201003_141344.jpg

Chris65536

Joined Nov 11, 2019
But when i check it , connecting the stablilizer to a fridge, the two lights glows
In the picture, it says the capacity is 500VA. Is that enough to run your fridge? Sounds a little bit low to me. Also, I have never seen or heard of a "stabilizer" like this before. How does it work?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The label in the "stabilizer" says it is a voltage stabilizer.
1) Its delay is 2 minutes to 4 minutes.
2) Its output voltage is 200V to 245V.
3) Its input voltage is 170V to 260V.
4) Its low voltage cutoff is 145V.
5) its high voltage cutoff is 270V.
6) Its capacity is 500VA.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, Audio guru, what is your suggestion.
i enquired the technician, which part he has changed.
He says that he has changed the relay board for the stablilizer.
Would that be a reason for this.
i somewhere read about intelligent relay ..
hi, what if output glows first, and followed by the input light
. But when i switch off and on after a few seconds, the power light glows first, immediately followed by the relay light.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, Chris, do you mean to say, that i am using a stablilizer that does not compatible with fridge .
somehwere i heard that fridge is 200 wats. is that wrong.