Square wave signal with ADC converter

tnn

Joined Jul 21, 2017
Hi,
I have a 7Hz 5Vpp square wave signal, you give me an advice on an easy way, to turn that signal into the corresponding DC voltage, so I can read it through the microprocessor's ADC converter?

Thank you.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Is this a square wave of constant frequency and voltage?
Or a rectangular wave of varying frequency, mark to space ratio, voltage?
And how fast do you need a responce to it?
You may well just need to feed it to a 10uF tantalum cap through a 10K resistor to get a reasonable "DC" to read.

tnn

Joined Jul 21, 2017
the request is:
take a square wave signal with a fixed width of 0-5V and a variable frequency (3Hz to 10Hz, approximately) and convert it into a continuous signal ...
I hope I was clear...

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I think if you have been given this as a project, you need the professor to state the project correctly. As you may notice from some of the questions, the way you have stated the problem does not make complete sense.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
the request is:
take a square wave signal with a fixed width of 0-5V and a variable frequency (3Hz to 10Hz, approximately) and convert it into a continuous signal ...
I hope I was clear...

Yes, you were clear, but you did not tell us what you want to know about the signal.
Presence, frequency, amplitude, combination of the preceding or some other characteristic?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Take a sheet of graph paper (checkered paper) and draw a square wave on it.
Now write down all of the dimensional features of what you have drawn that make your square wave a square wave.
How many features were required to describe the square wave?
Now, which one of those features do you wish to be converted into a DC voltage?