I know that the title of my post is possible, and I can do the calculation required for the capacitor that has to supply the reactive power to the run coil, to get the motor into power generation mode.
However, it struck me that it may be overkill on a small split phase induction motor. Would it be possible to supply rotor current via a DC bias of the start winding? I was thinking about this in relation to DC braking on induction motors.
Just curious if anyone has tried this or not. I have a few split phase motors, may have to drag them out and take a shot at it, but if someone has already tried it, I am curious about your findings.
However, it struck me that it may be overkill on a small split phase induction motor. Would it be possible to supply rotor current via a DC bias of the start winding? I was thinking about this in relation to DC braking on induction motors.
Just curious if anyone has tried this or not. I have a few split phase motors, may have to drag them out and take a shot at it, but if someone has already tried it, I am curious about your findings.