SPICE Model for MAX13256

SanthoshRamayanam

Joined Mar 6, 2024
Hello Experts,

I am trying to simulate a gate driver circuit with MAX13256 IC. can anyone help me find SPICE model for MAX13256 if it is readily available.

If not, Help me created .model statement for MOSFET. I need the list of parameters. and guidance to find out the parameter values from a datasheet.

Thank you.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Since Maxim is now part of ADI, I would look there first for the MAX13256. Spice models for MOSFETs and datasheet do not have an obvious relationship that would allow you to easily construct a model for the device. I know that many people have this fanciful notion that it is possible, but it is mostly a fever dream. I know perhaps a handful of people who have done it successfully, but none of them were new to simulation and Spice.

SanthoshRamayanam

Joined Mar 6, 2024
Since Maxim is now part of ADI, I would look there first for the MAX13256. Spice models for MOSFETs and datasheet do not have an obvious relationship that would allow you to easily construct a model for the device. I know that many people have this fanciful notion that it is possible, but it is mostly a fever dream. I know perhaps a handful of people who have done it successfully, but none of them were new to simulation and Spice.
@Papabravo I couldn't find it on ADI. I got a response for ADI that SPICE model is not available for MAX13256.

SanthoshRamayanam

Joined Mar 6, 2024
Welcome to AAC!

That IC can only source or sink up to 300mA per the datasheet. Which MOSFETs do you intend to drive with it and at what frequency? Many MOSFETS need more than 300mA gate drive if the switching frequency is high.

@Alec_t MAX13256 is not driving the power MOSFET directly. it providing power supply for a gate driver IC. I am trying to simulate this power supply circuit for power and loading analysis. I want to verify if my +/-15 volts supply created from 24V supply using MAX13256 can supply required gate charge current successfully.