Spectrum Tube Power Supply

Jagadeesh R

Joined Feb 7, 2017
Hello,
I was looking for spectrum/ discharge tubes for calibrating spectral images of argon plasma. The discharge tubes are available and affordable, but the spectrum tube power supply is, currently, out of budget. So, I was thinking of building it on my own.

These power supplies operate at 120 V & 60 Hz to provide an output of 1000 V at 10 mA (10 W).

Can you anyone suggest how to design this power supply, or guide to any articles related to this?

Thank you
Jagadeesh

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hello,
I was looking for spectrum/ discharge tubes for calibrating spectral images of argon plasma. The discharge tubes are available and affordable, but the spectrum tube power supply is, currently, out of budget. So, I was thinking of building it on my own.

These power supplies operate at 120 V & 60 Hz to provide an output of 1000 V at 10 mA (10 W).

Can you anyone suggest how to design this power supply, or guide to any articles related to this?

Thank you
Jagadeesh
There's probably such a PSU design on the LT applications site - can't remember the name of their regular author which would lead you straight there. A co author was Bob Pease which may help as a search term.