Sparkfun FTDI breakout board won't connect to computer

Load2010

Joined Jul 31, 2017
Hello everyone,
As the title says, I'm having some trouble with the connection. I already went through the basic tutorial on Sparkfuns website, and when that didn't work, I also went through the in depth one they provide. I tried another mini-USB wire, and it's the same problem. I tried another one of the boards, and it still didn't work. It doesn't appear underneath "other devices" under device management whether I have the drivers installed or not. I'm trying to connect it to a Arduino Pro mini so I can upload some code. I figured maybe it just isn't showing in that area, so I hit verify/compile on the IDE and it gave me the following error:

C:\Users\James\Desktop\sketch_oct07a\sketch_oct07a.ino:3:29: fatal error: Adafruit_LIS3DH.h: No such file or directory

#include <Adafruit_LIS3DH.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Pro or Pro Mini.

When I asked the writer of the code, he said I had to make sure I "included all of the libraries", but I couldn't find any other libraries where he posted the code. To be honest, I'm rather new at this, and I'm not entirely sure what he meant.

I appreciate the help, any questions are welcome. I'll try to provide more information of pictures if needed.

Edit: I believe this is the correct place to post this. If not, please let me know.
Edit 2: It's actually an FTDI breakout board, I made a mistake in the title and I'm not sure how to change it.
Mod edit: fixed title.

Last edited by a moderator:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hello everyone,
As the title says, I'm having some trouble with the connection. I already went through the basic tutorial on Sparkfuns website, and when that didn't work, I also went through the in depth one they provide. I tried another mini-USB wire, and it's the same problem. I tried another one of the boards, and it still didn't work. It doesn't appear underneath "other devices" under device management whether I have the drivers installed or not. I'm trying to connect it to a Arduino Pro mini so I can upload some code. I figured maybe it just isn't showing in that area, so I hit verify/compile on the IDE and it gave me the following error:

C:\Users\James\Desktop\sketch_oct07a\sketch_oct07a.ino:3:29: fatal error: Adafruit_LIS3DH.h: No such file or directory

#include <Adafruit_LIS3DH.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Pro or Pro Mini.

When I asked the writer of the code, he said I had to make sure I "included all of the libraries", but I couldn't find any other libraries where he posted the code. To be honest, I'm rather new at this, and I'm not entirely sure what he meant.

I appreciate the help, any questions are welcome. I'll try to provide more information of pictures if needed.

Edit: I believe this is the correct place to post this. If not, please let me know.
Edit 2: It's actually an FTDI breakout board, I made a mistake in the title and I'm not sure how to change it.
Mod edit: fixed title.

Is

C:\Users\James\Desktop\sketch_oct07a\sketch_oct07a.ino:3:29: fatal error: Adafruit_LIS3DH.h:

in your project?

A lot easier to just copy Adafruit_LIS3DH.h to the same directory as the rest of your source code and do #include "Adafruit_LIS3DH.h" instead.

This is very, very basic C coding skills. No offense but I think trying to tackle something like a breakout board is beyond your skill set. You really should hone your C skills before trying to undertake such a project.