Sparkfun FTDI breakout board won't connect to computer

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Load2010, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Load2010

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Hello everyone,
    As the title says, I'm having some trouble with the connection. I already went through the basic tutorial on Sparkfuns website, and when that didn't work, I also went through the in depth one they provide. I tried another mini-USB wire, and it's the same problem. I tried another one of the boards, and it still didn't work. It doesn't appear underneath "other devices" under device management whether I have the drivers installed or not. I'm trying to connect it to a Arduino Pro mini so I can upload some code. I figured maybe it just isn't showing in that area, so I hit verify/compile on the IDE and it gave me the following error:

C:\Users\James\Desktop\sketch_oct07a\sketch_oct07a.ino:3:29: fatal error: Adafruit_LIS3DH.h: No such file or directory

#include <Adafruit_LIS3DH.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
    Error compiling for board Arduino Pro or Pro Mini.

When I asked the writer of the code, he said I had to make sure I "included all of the libraries", but I couldn't find any other libraries where he posted the code. To be honest, I'm rather new at this, and I'm not entirely sure what he meant.

I appreciate the help, any questions are welcome. I'll try to provide more information of pictures if needed.

Edit: I believe this is the correct place to post this. If not, please let me know.
    Edit 2: It's actually an FTDI breakout board, I made a mistake in the title and I'm not sure how to change it.
    Mod edit: fixed title.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
  2. AlbertHall

Distinguished Member

Jun 4, 2014
    I can't find an "FDIC" board. Do you have a link to it?

3. Load2010

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Already made a mistake. It's actually supposed to say FTDI Basic Breakout Board.

Here's a link, thanks!

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9873

4. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009

Is

C:\Users\James\Desktop\sketch_oct07a\sketch_oct07a.ino:3:29: fatal error: Adafruit_LIS3DH.h:

in your project?

A lot easier to just copy Adafruit_LIS3DH.h to the same directory as the rest of your source code and do #include "Adafruit_LIS3DH.h" instead.

This is very, very basic C coding skills. No offense but I think trying to tackle something like a breakout board is beyond your skill set. You really should hone your C skills before trying to undertake such a project.

5. philba

Aug 17, 2017
    You need to install the LIS3DH library. I think it's on github somewhere. The adafruit website should have the information.

Load2010 likes this.