Sourcing components from utsource.net

hrs

Joined Jun 13, 2014
Hi @KeepItSimpleStupid ,

You seem to have had positive experiences with utsource and I'm interested in buying some components there. Are your experiences only with utsource themselves or also with third party sellers on that site? Do you think those sellers are vetted? Thanks in advance.

hrs

Joined Jun 13, 2014
utsource is "different". They try really hard to get stuff to you quickly I think they are a good source for, one of, obsolete parts.
Indeed they carry a lot obscure or obsolete parts.

What I would specifically like know if your experience is based on dealing with UTSOURCE ¨Official" only or also with "Third Party" sellers?utsource.jpg

Probably official, but I've had to wait for product. Non-official here, may mean "drop-shipped". I'm also in the US. I deal with Fastenal, MSCDIRECT and Mcmaster-Carr. they all have "Vendor" approved. e.g. Fastenal approved for generic parts like screws made in China.

Where I had difficulty was with combined items that required a quote and stock items and different shipping methods because of the delays involved and how fast i wanted the parts. It was like the quoted order and the stock order were two different orders, so it caused confusion. It was part website issue.