Sony TV power supply problem

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Hi Audioguru. over here we have a houshold bin & as recycling bin pickup curbside. They wont take CRT tube glass, its classed as hard glass. Had to getrid of about 30 old TVs& Monitors so i dissasembled them & crushed the CRTs & over time fed them into the houshold bin. They also refuse to take plastic covered copper cable!!!!!!

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
People in India steal live copper electrical wire from utility poles. Some of them get electrocuted while stealing the wire.
They think being a (stupid) martyr is an honour.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
People in India steal live copper electrical wire from utility poles. Some of them get electrocuted while stealing the wire.
They think being a (stupid) martyr is an honour.
Ya.. I have seen these when I was there to study....
I use to travel a lot into the rural areas and boy you can see some funny stuffs in India

I once saw a transformer on fire. I was a few feet away from the pole when the bloody thing started shooting out smokes :eek:

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Not too many years ago someone who obviously knew what they were doing stole a lot of the copper and replaced it with aluminum at a power distribution substation. Nobody was the wiser until they hit the peak use period during the summer and problems started showing up.

Lot of brave people out there, they knew exactly what they were doing when they broke into our new building during the 6+ year vacancy before we moved into it. Got a fair amount of the easiest to pull wire, even disassembled some conduit pieces so it would be easier pulls for them. They (or someone else) stole three simple 3 ton AC condenser units from a roof that was 28' above the ground, seems to me that was far more trouble than it was worth.

Must be 100 tons (literally) of copper wire and plumbing in the building, had it continued they could have almost destroyed the place over time.

DjKrish

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Score !!.

Man I'm good...:D.

where"s OP, did I scare him?
Hahaha u didn't scare me. My grandpa passed away, had to be away for sometime. Anyway, updates : TV is fixed, cold joints many places, one of the capacitor is leaking and dying. Replaced the cap, resoldered many places, TV starts instantly and works perfectly fine nonstop :D Thanks to all the gurus including the main guru Mr Rifaa, special thanks to u. This is what happens when a TV gets old but still nothing beats CRT compared to newer technologies. Thank you everyone................

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hahaha u didn't scare me. My grandpa passed away, had to be away for sometime. Anyway, updates : TV is fixed, cold joints many places, one of the capacitor is leaking and dying. Replaced the cap, resoldered many places, TV starts instantly and works perfectly fine nonstop :D Thanks to all the gurus including the main guru Mr Rifaa, special thanks to u. This is what happens when a TV gets old but still nothing beats CRT compared to newer technologies. Thank you everyone................
Hey..Sorry about ur grandpa..how are you doing ?

Glad u fixed it.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
A year and a half ago I nearly died. I had a heart attack which happened luckily at home and my wife quickly drove me to the nearby hospital where they fixed two blocked arteries that feed my heart. If I was out walking my dog around the block or out flying my RC airplanes in the park when it happened then I would have died. Now I am fixed and much better than before. I don't eat cholesterol (Kentucky fried Cholesterol chicken, Cholesterol burgers, Cholesterol cookies or Cholesterol ice cream) anymore.

It is nice to still be alive and healthy again. Maybe I will die in about 25 years.

DjKrish

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Wow Audioguru, how old ru? Now thats a disaster.

Main reason of Heart Attack : Cigarette, Food. Cut the first, control the second. I know Americans loves to eat meat quite a lot. Thats very bad to health. Cholesterol. Life is once, lets live healthily and live longer enough to see your own kids grow up and get married.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Wow Audioguru, how old ru? Now thats a disaster.

Main reason of Heart Attack : Cigarette, Food. Cut the first, control the second. I know Americans loves to eat meat quite a lot. Thats very bad to health. Cholesterol. Life is once, lets live healthily and live longer enough to see your own kids grow up and get married.
I am 65 years young.
I smoked some marijuana and a pipe for half of my life.
I ate millions of Cholesterol hamburgers and cookies. Maybe the Kentucky fried cholesterol chicken was also garbage.

I gave away my daughter at her wedding last year (on a ship in the Toronto waterway) and my son is engaged. I am still happily married for 32 years.
I am in almost perfect health. I recently had some tests and in one month my doctor will tell me the good news (or some bad news). But I feel fine.

I expect (and hope) to live for at least another 25 years.

DjKrish

Joined Dec 18, 2010
I am 65 years young.
I smoked some marijuana and a pipe for half of my life.
I ate millions of Cholesterol hamburgers and cookies. Maybe the Kentucky fried cholesterol chicken was also garbage.

I gave away my daughter at her wedding last year (on a ship in the Toronto waterway) and my son is engaged. I am still happily married for 32 years.
I am in almost perfect health. I recently had some tests and in one month my doctor will tell me the good news (or some bad news). But I feel fine.

I expect (and hope) to live for at least another 25 years.
Just take good care of yourself yeah. Be healthy, be aware of what you eat as the crucial stage starts from 50. U made it till 65, may god bless you with another 25.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
A year and a half ago I nearly died.
It is nice to still be alive and healthy again. Maybe I will die in about 25 years.
Had they not caught my cancer as early as they did I wouldn't be posting, had they caught it earlier it would have been far more simple to treat. In other words what we've been through was different but produced similar awakenings in our lives.

Pot is worse than cigarettes as to get the best high you pull it all the way into your lungs and hold it there, just a medical fact as it contains every bit as much tar and other irritants that common cigarettes have. To simplify matters we were designed &/or evolved to get clean air but rarely anybody lived much above 50 in the old days. Mine wasn't related to my smoking as I don't inhale but I'm sure it, as well as other things I've been exposed to over my life, probably accelerated the inevitable as we now know that 50% is from sheer genetics of our RNA & DNA.

Research goes on and advances are made every day but in your case I'd get used to eating a lot of oatmeal which has been proven to grab onto those fatty deposits and help to clean them them out of there. Going downstairs in a bit and having a bowl of instant, I prefer cooking them from the start but a minute in the microwave along with some real butter and brown sugar works well as a midnight snack.

All those years they blamed real butter as being bad yet it won't solidify in your arteries like margarine will. At least they've been taking the hydrogenated oils off the market which will solidify in you system over time.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Pot is worse than cigarettes as to get the best high you pull it all the way into your lungs and hold it there, just a medical fact as it contains every bit as much tar and other irritants that common cigarettes have.
Oh, cigarettes manage to have a little extra zing. The tobacco companies supplied fertilizer with an uncommonly high uranium content. Look what that does for you - http://www.kgs.ku.edu/Publications/PIC/pic25.html

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Oh, cigarettes manage to have a little extra zing. The tobacco companies supplied fertilizer with an uncommonly high uranium content. Look what that does for you - http://www.kgs.ku.edu/Publications/PIC/pic25.html
Radon is a gas, Uranium is a solid. Neither prefer binding to anything else. Common physics and chemistry.

The only cigarettes I smoke are 100% natural tobacco, made by the Seneca Tribe in Canada. I buy them from a Tribal shop that's part of the Muscogee (Creek) Nation. It's easily an hour's drive to the nearest place that carries them but at $25/carton compared to $60 for the BS you end up with from a local store it's worth the drive.

There are both advantages and disadvantages to living in this state but I've got a tiny bit of Kiowa in me so I belong here or in Kansas. I rather enjoy this place as everyone is so laid back so long as you don't encroach into the gang-activity related neighborhoods as we have them just as well as every city seems to have. We're also "no nonsense" policy which means even the most fully dressed businessman may have a 9mm or better hidden in his coat. A .40 S&W comes to mind as one of the best but I just gracefully walk away from any argument which rarely come up here anyway.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Oh, cigarettes manage to have a little extra zing. The tobacco companies supplied fertilizer with an uncommonly high uranium content. Look what that does for you
I was injected with nuclear radiation a couple of weeks ago for a heart stress test. It came packed in a big lead container. I didn't glow in the dark and I didn't feel it.

But during my angioplasy operation (when they fixed my heart arteries after my heart attack) I felt the warmth of the radiation when it was injected and saw its glow on the screen.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
What you had was a PET scan and yes, the radioactive glucose has a few strange effects.

Half life is only like an hour so it's totally gone now if you drank a lot of water.

They try to lie to you but it doesn't come in that way, in most cases it's prepared on site so they know it's fresh but they have to keep it locked up for safety, same way they hide behind a protective room whenever they're dealing with anything radioactive.