Someone know the name of this component?

Proto-man

Joined Apr 9, 2020
Howdy I'm sorry if this is too basic or obvious for some of you but I'm a begginer and I need to replace this component but I don't know what it is, I been looking to see on net where I can find something similar to it but had not luck. I think is bad because all of the terminals have continuity with eachother. if anyone know something about this component any information will be appreciated, thanks for reading.

3 pin inductor.png

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeng

Joined Sep 10, 2006
Given the rather blurry photo, it appears to be an inductor, which is essentially a coil of wire on a ferrite spool (in this case, covered with heat shrinkable tubing). The terminals having continuity with each other is characteristic of an inductor, so I doubt it's faulty.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
You would expect to have continuity between the connections on an inductor. I would expect the resistance reading to be a few ohms or even less. (It depends what function it is performing.) I dont think you will find one easily as it has three wires (I simple inductor will only have two and would just need to specify it's inductance, current carrying capacity and physical size and possibly it's resistance.) As it has three wires it is probably being used as a transformer. (A totally wild guess would be a trigger coil for a xenon flash tube.) What made you suspect this device in the first place ?

Les.

Proto-man

Joined Apr 9, 2020
@LesJones @Dodgydave @jbeng Thanks you all, now it make sense why it had continuity in all terminal I was thinking it was damage I didn't knew it were a Inductor,(I just solder it back in place)...

@SamR I was thinking it was that component because one of the path connected to it has a capacitor that got continuity in both sides I read capacitor should give a resistant reading and that one gave me non resis and beeps I de-solder it and there was no continuity and it hold charge so I put it back on board and Think it was that component that now I know is a inductor xD still learning just trying to repair a portable Nebulizer for my mother.