Some clearification needed

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Does the automotive ban also extend to boats. I saw a thread to day closed because a member wanted help with interior lighting in his cabin cruiser. What is the point. As a member this kind of nonsense make really ashamed.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I closed both the first and the second thread.

This type of re-wording is very often. When someone gets his thread closed because of the automotive restriction, they post the exact same question but instead of the word car, they use another (boat, barn, dancing floor, etc).

As I have explained the author of the thread in question, and of every similar thread, the restriction isn't about how one asks for help. This isn't a matter of formality.
This is about how AAC faces his responsibility in respect of the safety of its users.

We wouldn't allow a user to modify his car, in order to keep him and the rest of the forum safe. Why would we turn a blind eye, when we know he's back with the exact same project?

jimkeith

Joined Oct 26, 2011
I do not believe that this falls under the classification of automotive modification--the worst thing that can happen here would be to blow a branch circuit protection fuse.

Auto parts stores are chock full of all kinds of electrical stuff that can be added to your vehicle--how about VERY LOUD audio systems--under your rules, this would be considered modification.

This is being handled like a government bureaucracy!

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Auto parts stores are chock full of all kinds of electrical stuff that can be added to your vehicle--how about VERY LOUD audio systems--under your rules, this would be considered modification.

This is being handled like a government bureaucracy!
True, this is very strict. But this is how the owner's of the site want it. They are concerned about the members' safety. Moreover, following an accident, a displeased user might press charges against them for providing, as he might see them, false information.

Are you in position to calm those concerns?

I don't want to sound provocative, just trying to convey how the situation is right now.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
What he said and more.

There are many, many sites that will cater to those demands. Why force one who has rules against to go against those rules?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Fair enough. I asked a question and got an explanation. Case is closed as far as I see it. No need for further discussion on this matter

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
The latest one that bothered me was the member asking about, ' emergency lights for his RC car'. Whats to stop some one from using them on a full size car?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
There are some differences, like the voltage supply and the LED consumption. But this is not the point.

The way I see it, is that AAC provided a circuit for an RC car, without previous indication that this circuit would be used for a real car. That way, AAC management is covered, in my opinion.