Solving the MOSFET circuit

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I can't read that bottom line, particularly the last part where they actually give the operating condition.

Note that this IS the Homework Help forum, and not Homework Done For You. You need to show your best attempt to work the problem as far as you can. We can then see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong and help you make the next step so that you can continue working it.

hailuu

Joined Mar 20, 2020
I can't read that bottom line, particularly the last part where they actually give the operating condition.

Note that this IS the Homework Help forum, and not Homework Done For You. You need to show your best attempt to work the problem as far as you can. We can then see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong and help you make the next step so that you can continue working it.
the bottom line is calculating the average power dissipation of the transistor. I've tried to solve it, but I really do not know the way to solve it

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If you aren't given what v_in is, then you can't solve it. It looked to me like they were giving you that information on that last line, but the best I can guess is that it says that vin=0!, which makes no sense.

If you've tried to solve it, then you have an attempt you can post. Please do so. It doesn't really matter how far you got, but we need that starting point to determine how, and at what level, to help you move forward.