[SOLVED] LED circuit issue

Jammur

Joined Feb 19, 2024
Hello my first post here… I have the circuit of LEDs I have wired as shown but I cannot get any of them to illuminate… I’ve tried a 5v 3a supply and a 9v battery to test, any idea ? The LEDs themselves seem ok, the board seems to have been cut but the circuit is intact. I have soldered the + to the track at the top right and the neg to the copper screw holes those resistors seem to be 2200s

Thanks jamie

Attachments

Jammur

Joined Feb 19, 2024
Voltage is too low. Try 12 volts or higher.
I see four pairs of 4 LEDs in series with 220 ohm resistors.
hi thanks for your reply, I have tried 12v and still nothing I checked with a multimeter and the first LED D1 is getting 3v the next led drops to 1.2v and so on do i possibly need a larger supply ? The multimeter reads 12.3v at the “connected points”

Jamie

Jammur

Joined Feb 19, 2024
It should work.
Check your polarity

I would keep increasing the voltage until it lights
when I use the multimeter only on each side of the LEDs they all immuminate but low so it must be my connection points or maybe the R1 / R4 resistors ? The LEDs do all work. Would a 24v be too high if I were to try it ?

Jamie

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
when I use the multimeter only on each side of the LEDs they all immuminate but low so it must be my connection points or maybe the R1 / R4 resistors ? The LEDs do all work. Would a 24v be too high if I were to try it ?

Jamie
I don't think so.
but just in case add a 100R 2W resistor in series with the 24V and check.

Jammur

Joined Feb 19, 2024
As you can see it illuminates off where the positive is connected using a multimeter assuming I could put the ground on the outside of the circuit ? I’ve also tried it on one of the copper screw holes

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
There are 4 in series with a 220 ohms resistor, so try 3 V directly across one led and see it it lights up, if so try it on all the others, then check the resistors on ohms to see if they are okay.

sarahMCML

Joined May 11, 2019
As you can see it illuminates off where the positive is connected using a multimeter assuming I could put the ground on the outside of the circuit ? I’ve also tried it on one of the copper screw holes
Do you actually have voltage coming from your Black/Green barrel connector? I've had them be faulty before now, they are very poorly made inside!

Jammur

Joined Feb 19, 2024
There are 4 in series with a 220 ohms resistor, so try 3 V directly across one led and see it it lights up, if so try it on all the others, then check the resistors on ohms to see if they are okay.

3v across each LED fully immuminates them and the resistors are reading 219.2 each on ohms.

Jamie

Jammur

Joined Feb 19, 2024
Do you actually have voltage coming from your Black/Green barrel connector? I've had them be faulty before now, they are very poorly made inside!
absolute legend ! that was the issue wriggled the connector a little bit and it came on ! So 12v supply and I’ll be sure to get some better quality barrels, thanks again everyone for your input, I’m learning slowly

Attachments