Soldering wires

ikwtif

Joined Oct 10, 2014
Hi

I hope I am posting this in the right section, and I am sorry for the probably obvious basic question for you guys. But I pulled the wires from my car transmitter and I wanted to solder them back on, the problem is, I am not sure what wire goes where. It would be great if someone would help me, or point me in the direction of where I can figure out how to know wich one goes where (or preferably both).

pictures

I'm guessing the white wire goes to GND (ground). But besides that I'm pretty clueless

Thanks in advance

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Car transmitter? You mean, a built-in garage door opener?

Anyway, I'd find the forum for your year and model of vehicle. The denizens there will know for sure. Otherwise, a photo and more detail would help.

ikwtif

Joined Oct 10, 2014
I mean a regular car fm transmitter you can plug into any car's lighter socket, and atach a cellphone/mp3 player to so you can transmit to a frequency and pick it up with the radio.

It's the cables that was attached to the part you have to put into the lighter socket, so I'm assuming it's fairly universal.

I had provided a link in the OP to some pictures where I opened it and show the circuit board with the soldering points/wires.