Solder temperature melting - notebook /near the dc jack/ ?

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
Hi.
i am almost sure have found the problem of one notebook and think the solder should be "updated".

It`s kinda unconfortable place for soldering iron.

Want to use the heat gun?

about 260 Celsius ?

thanks

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
A heat gun splays out hot air in a large uncontrollable fashion. Point one at your connector and you may well be chasing unsoldered parts till the day you decide to toss that piece of junk.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
A heat gun splays out hot air in a large uncontrollable fashion. Point one at your connector and you may well be chasing unsoldered parts till the day you decide to toss that piece of junk.
Thats why a nice hot air tool with various nozzles is nice to have vs a regular heat gun..

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi.
i am almost sure have found the problem of one notebook and think the solder should be "updated".

It`s kinda unconfortable place for soldering iron.

Want to use the heat gun?

about 260 Celsius ?

thanks
Google Eutectic solder for info on melting temperature.

At repairs that you only get one shot at - its best to avoid the higher melting point lead free types.

For harvesting parts from scrap boards - I've tried a modeler's pencil blowtorch and a heat gun. The heat gun doesn't do significantly less damage than the blowtorch.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Thats why a nice hot air tool with various nozzles is nice to have vs a regular heat gun..
Which is why I bought one... and occasionally bring it into work because "work" does not own one.

But they have lots of hot air, and they use it too, but I want the other parts to be left on my boards.