Software for PCB/Schematic simulation intergrated with code that gived back errors

abi17124

Joined Mar 5, 2017
I was wondering if y'all would know of a software that integrates with your programs code, simulates the circuit on a schematic level and then Pcb level(assuming all designs have been made) for error checking(traces and such) to make the design process faster?( Yes I know this could be a far fetched ask. Please try to be optimistic guys, if thereisn't would there be a use for such a software?)

Stuntman

Joined Mar 28, 2011
I never got too far with it, but remembering back, the suite of programs from Proteus allowed you to build a schematic and upload your controller code to simulate the operation. You could then link the netlist to their board layout program. I remember them supporting a number of PIC controllers, but not sure how many, or what other platforms they could simulate.

In my opinion, the cost (time and money) is better spent using conventional prototyping techniques to develop your code instead of relying on a simulator. Unless your IO is very limited, the interactions external to the mcu may be the cause of more debugging that those internal to the controller. (think: transients, noise, timing, communication protocols, interrupts). I'm sure a simulator, if rock solid reliable, could prove useful in some applications.