Snubber circuit for solenoid valve

Gouri Raghava

Joined May 31, 2017
Hi team,
I am Raghava, A IoT developer. I facing problem when I trying to control solenoid valve using traic. I am using BT136 traic and 220vac, 2w solenoid valve. I not able to find out a proper snubber circuit. please help me to find a proper snubber circuit.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Gouri,
Welcome to AAC.
Typically a snubber has a resistor value from 39R thru 100R and the series capacitor is 47NF thru 100nF, the cap must have a mains rating specification.
E

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What type of AC solenoid are you controlling with a Triac?
Many AC solenoids expect to see full engagement of the armature, otherwise burn out can occur due to excessive current.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Why are you needing triac control?
Are you expecting to get variable displacement/flow? If so I doubt it will work and you will run in to burn out of the valve or other effects.
That valve is designed for full voltage on operation.
You need a specialized DC variable displacement valve that is intended for the purpose.
Even in general use of solenoids, it pays to use DC types for less problems of failure.
Max.

Gouri Raghava

Joined May 31, 2017
Actually I want to control it from anywhere from the world. I want to make it as an IoT project. I don’t want to control the flow and why I am choosing ac valve is it bit less cost and also want 1 inch or large valve size which not able to get in DC.