Smurf Attack getting serious

Joined Nov 30, 2010
That's the Add Printer dialog box.
You want to go to local host 631 and look at a page of Links?
I don't think so. I'm lost right now.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
FYI -- the printer subsystem is CUPS. The Ubuntu Print Dialog is a "dumbed-down" front-end for CUPS that works with most supported printers.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Small problem. It wants me to join something.
User Name and password required.

I'm in.
Yes...you need to log in to make printer changes.

This is not a web site ... it is a web interface to the CUPS printer system. All communication is local to your machine. That's what "localhost" means.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This is not a web site ... it is a web interface to the CUPS printer system. All communication is local to your machine. That's what "localhost" means.
Fooled me! I thought it was on an internet page because it's in a Firefox window.:confused:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
again png@70kB

dirty fratistat! I did this 4 times and it won't load!

5 times. Cups, embiggen, screenshot, save/desktop, open with gthumb, tools, resize, 50%, save, overwrite, drag to AAC, won't load.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
But I do all my small drawings in png!

so I opened in gthumb, changed it to a jpg @35KB, and it still won't load.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Definitely a problem with AAC. Filesize doesn't matter. File uploads and goes to "my attachments" but it can not be included in the post as a thumb or full picture by using the buttons. You need to go to "my attachments" and copy and paste the BBCode manually. @jrap, are you reading this?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I think we're getting somewhere. I see "provide a ppd file, browse. I have you printer driver file converted to a ppd with gedit.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I think we're getting somewhere. I see "provide a ppd file, browse. I have you printer driver file converted to a ppd with gedit.
Yes. If your printer is *not* in the list, click the browse button and find the .ppd file I provided for you.

Then, click add printer and follow with another screen shot.

EDIT: JUST IN CASE, redownload the original file (rename to remove the .txt extension) from my post onto your desktop and use that. Do not use a file that you may have mangled in gedit!