SMPS project, anyone interested in collaboration?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I have built a prototype for TL494 based SMPS.
Right now I am using a 2 kW welding transformer as input, 60V w/o load, and also keeps this voltage at smaller currents.

It is using a MOSFET + VGA cooler, right now IRF9540 but I will change to larger MOSFET soon. Also big storage coils I will receive soon. Alternatively it can work with PNP power transistor however testing has shown decrease in efficiency. The PCB layout will consider TO220 and TO2 transistor/MOSFET.
So it is possible to build the PCB as economy version for 5 Amps, only using smaller VGA cooler.

I want to add 0.2" LED displays, for voltage, current, cooler temp.,
and eventually for TL494 frequency. Also digital voltage control is considered.

Finally I want to produce a PCB + sell it for instance on eBay.

Anyone interested to jump in to produce the PCB?
As compensation, I offer PCBs from the initial production run (blank), + design collaboration (access to the PIC firmware).

The purpose is to shortcut the production cycle! I can also do this on my own, however, I have other projects running.

The final product is a TL494 SMPS PCB, MOSFET technology + large VGA cooler, potentially capable of 10A output current or more, full voltage + current regulation + LED displays (on PCB).

People who are seriously interested please contact via PM + include information about yourself. I don't know if this OK for the forum but I will simply try. I am thinking of something like $500 to $1000, and you have the security/guarantee I work together with a known PCB vendor, and you receive a percentage of the PCBs immediately.

For components/logistics I don't want to collaborate via internet most likely this is too much effort. However storage coils I can also distribute to you if appreciate.

I have the circuit working fully for voltage regulation, 75% efficiency now, I hope to improve that using a better, larger coil. Tested with 4 Amps. load current! And I need to work out current regulation, as well LED displays + eventually digital voltage adjustment.

So the business model is that you invest for initial PCB production run, eventually directly pay to the PCB vendor, and receive a percentage of the blank PCBs + access to design information. Quite easy. Ideally you have some experience selling electronics items, and/or have knowledge of the technology used here.

Attachments

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
If you want me to solder components to the pcbs for you, I'd be happy to do that. :)

I can't invest anything though - sorry.

Great idea, and the very best of luck to you.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
If you want me to solder components to the pcbs for you, I'd be happy to do that. :)

I can't invest anything though - sorry.

Great idea, and the very best of luck to you.
Yes sounds good but distributing components is a lot of effort. I just have this prototype around here, and was thinking, it might be interesting/useful for members here.

I don't really need it for myself, nor do I need to produce this PCB fast. I don't make a living out of selling electronics.

0.2" LED displays I have ordered on the weekend plus some large MOSFETs, actually interesting for me to see how these small SMD LED displays look like.