SMD Crystal Specs -crystal identification from photo

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Hard to say with that information. Information about the circuit, for example a time clock versus a clock for a microprocessor and dimensions will help (usually mm). It is unlikely the capacitors next to it are marked, but if they are, what are their markings.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Since it is mounted on a PCB it has some application and if you can tell us what the board is that will provide a bit of context to make potentially useful guesses as to what the application is.
Certainly it is a crystal for some sort of time base, if that is what you are wanting to know. And a guess at the frequency is 14.76 Mhz.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Since it is mounted on a PCB it has some application and if you can tell us what the board is that will provide a bit of context to make potentially useful guesses as to what the application is.
Certainly it is a crystal for some sort of time base, if that is what you are wanting to know. And a guess at the frequency is 14.76 Mhz.
How did you come up with 14.76 MHz?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
How did you come up with 14.76 MHz?
Looking at the numbers on the case, AND being familiar with the frequencies that I see on video interface circuits in a number of products. In other words, experience. If the TS is able to provide an additional picture or any additional description then it will be more possible for some to come up with better guesses. AND, please note that the frequency of 14.76 was only qualified as being a guess.
The fact is that the majority of folks who contribute here are not mind readers, and that certainly includes me.

brettsrt

Joined May 9, 2019
it is on a fiber optic communication board, see attached photo, i believe the microprocessor is a dallas DS80C320

Hard to say with that information. Information about the circuit, for example a time clock versus a clock for a microprocessor and dimensions will help (usually mm). It is unlikely the capacitors next to it are marked, but if they are, what are their markings.

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Looking at the numbers on the case, AND being familiar with the frequencies that I see on video interface circuits in a number of products. In other words, experience. If the TS is able to provide an additional picture or any additional description then it will be more possible for some to come up with better guesses. AND, please note that the frequency of 14.76 was only qualified as being a guess.
The fact is that the majority of folks who contribute here are not mind readers, and that certainly includes me.
The numbers I see on the case are 1474. My inexperience must be showing. DigiKey does not show 14.76 as a standard value:

1585577586464.png