SMD Component identification

nlan

Joined Sep 11, 2012
First of all greetings from a fellow sparky from Greece. Should have joined this community alot sooner!

Here I have this component on this PCB which I can't figure what it is..
Perhaps someone more experienced could help!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

nlan

Joined Sep 11, 2012
Hi Allen
The component I'm enquiring about is the one in the middle, and doesn't look like any capacitor i've seen. I'm quite sure it isn't one..

Maybe some kind of fuse, or something??

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I zoomed your picture 200% but I still cannot recognize what it is. Perhaps you can either take another picture of it sideways or describe the component in your own words.....:)

Is it the component pointed by red arrow?
Do you have another identical board for comparison?

Allen

Attachments

Last edited:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
If you are referring to the component with the black rectangle in the center it looks like a resistor. The two lines thru it are where a laser cut thru the resistor material to trim the value into spec, which is typical for SMD resistors.

nlan

Joined Sep 11, 2012
If you are referring to the component with the black rectangle in the center it looks like a resistor. The two lines thru it are where a laser cut thru the resistor material to trim the value into spec, which is typical for SMD resistors.

It does have the same resistance of 20ohm both ways, so I guess it might as well be a resistor.
I just never have come across one that looked like this.. Kinda transparent, almost like an LED.

Thanks

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
As far as I see, he's just looking at his car. I do not see any modifications being done here.

We don't have any restrictions on education in the TOS, do we?