SMD Ceramic Capacitor Motherboard Nightmares

Valerio Kapa

Joined Aug 13, 2019
20190813_112445.jpg 20190813_112445.jpg I have a HP laptop known for its AMD intergrated graphics card that just dies one day and leaves you all alone in this world,the laptop wont output anything,but i can fix that by bypassing the dead chip,the way to do that is to remove a power inductor (PL27),and then in my understanding,resolder an SMD capacitor(R550) and put it on (R549) that was previously empty.Well i broke that capacitor because i did not know how to take care for my soldering gun and its now useless,so that capacitor is long gone.My question is,can i use a similar looking capacitor from another motherboard,or is there some secret code that lets you know what each capacitor can do and is rated for,because they are smaller than a sesame seed.
[Instructions from person that knows how to actualy bypass a dead chip]
-Remove PL27
-Remove R550 and place @ R549
[Board Name]
-da0r33mb6f1 rev f
[Board Schematic]

Attachments

Last edited:

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
R550 is actually a 10KΩ smd resistor. They can be easily found on junk boards with smd components.

look for marking "103" on the smd resistor with same size.

Valerio Kapa

Joined Aug 13, 2019
R550 is actually a 10KΩ smd resistor. They can be easily found on junk boards with smd components.

look for marking "103" on the smd resistor with same size.
ohhh so its a resistor,this is very very helpfull thank you,i will go check right now!